Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nipple envy

(21 Posts)
Dlah Tue 09-Aug-16 09:12:12

What's happened to my nice small, fairly cute nipples?!! biscuitbiscuit

Been taken over by some kind of wayward burger . . Pregnancy is delightful grinwinkgrinwinkgrinwinkgrinhalo

pregnancy woes!!

(Disclaimer - this post is purely meant in humour, no offence need be taken!)

PotteringAlong Tue 09-Aug-16 09:13:41

grin

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 09-Aug-16 09:13:58

'Cute' nipples?! Can't say I ever gave mine such praise but yep they are now enormous!!

NCT tells me this is to give my baby a clearer target.. Human dartboard!

ohanami Tue 09-Aug-16 09:15:52

My 2 yo looked at me the other day, screwed up her nose, and said "mummy's boobs are dirty". Little charmer.

Jodie1982 Tue 09-Aug-16 09:17:01

😂 oh me too.

everdene Tue 09-Aug-16 09:17:41

Ha I was in the bath the other night and realised my nipples were just kind of spreading!!

Sephipops Tue 09-Aug-16 09:19:41

I'm pretty sure mine continued to spread even once the baby had arrived! 🙈

Dlah Tue 09-Aug-16 09:32:37

Hahaha! So glad it's not just me and yes . . Totally the odd 'spreading' thing, it's like they just grew overnight and took over the rest of my boob! gringringrin

thecatsarecrazy Tue 09-Aug-16 10:41:51

My dh told me my nipples now look like a piece of salami with a meatball on top hmm

choccybiscuit Tue 09-Aug-16 10:44:45

Mine are still tiny. Even with pregnancy they never change much, only when the milk comes in.

SchnitzelvonKrummsverylowtum Tue 09-Aug-16 10:53:52

Mine were fairly massive to begin with. Now, 29 weeks pregnant with DC2, they are seriously enormous. Like burger size. Definitely don't feel very attractive. If they are a target for the baby, then they can't get any clearer - I definitely shouldn't have feeding problems!

AudreyBradshaw Tue 09-Aug-16 20:48:26

I went to Marks and Spencer yesterday to get some comfy pregnancy /maternity bra's. Assistant took one look at me and went 'due in two weeks? Good job, you're massive' whilst looking at my giganto-tits.

Reader, I'm 25 weeks tomorrow, I just deadpan faced, went "no, due in November" and let her stutter out of it herself.

My frame hasn't changed at all, but I was chesty before, now you could hang hats off my nips and I've got a short torso, so I'm all out in the front.

loveulotslikejellytots Tue 09-Aug-16 20:56:31

DH nicknamed me burger nips from 20 odd weeks grin DD is now 7 months and no longer breast feeding, they have shrunk back, don't panic!!

drinkyourmilk Wed 10-Aug-16 08:38:05

I'm only 6 weeks, so not a huge amount of spreadage yet, but by god I could cut glass! I keep trying to massage them so they aren't so erect all the time. Dh of course has volunteered to help hmmgrin

Dueindecember2016 Wed 10-Aug-16 11:23:00

My nips represent rolos

ThinkPinkStink Wed 10-Aug-16 14:57:07

WAIT - you mean they're not going to go back to normal....? Ever?

My once (cute-ish) pink tuppences are now muddy saucers... I'm only 32 weeks.

PhloppysFonics Wed 10-Aug-16 15:30:46

Mine went back to normal between pregnancies. I am also large of nip at the mo and very veiny!

LondonGirl83 Wed 10-Aug-16 16:35:23

I'm 13 weeks and this morning woke up to itchy peeling nips. Immediately reached for the bio oil. They aren't huge yet but definitely getting bigger. Its unnerving.

ThinkPinkStink Wed 10-Aug-16 16:43:57

LondonGirl OMGeee I had forgotten about the itching - I had the same at about 12-13 weeks - SO itchy and DUSTY! And if there was even the slightest breeze they'd get so so SORE!

If you're anything like me that stage passes, and you're just left with burgers.

Is this the right time to moan about the flaky bits you can pick out of the actual nipple area? Presumably colostrum.

drinkyourmilk Wed 10-Aug-16 19:14:02

Can I ask- does anyone get hot nipples?

Dlah Wed 10-Aug-16 21:31:49

Can't say I've experienced hot nipples, just itchy/flaky as described above!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now