Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My joints feel like I have arthritis

(4 Posts)
MrsMermaid Tue 09-Aug-16 08:15:57

Whenever I am still for a few minutes... Worst is when I wake in the night and morning... All my joints and muscles seem to seize up and become stiff and painful. It makes walking really hard and I sort of hobble for the first few minutes of moving around. I feel it mostly in my legs, feet, arms, hands and pelvis. I'm 33 weeks now and probably had it for a couple of months, gradually getting worse. Has anybody else experienced this? I want to know why I feel like an old lady!

DesignedForLife Tue 09-Aug-16 09:36:50

I get it in my pelvis and knees, takes an age for everything to warm up when I first get up. I've got SPD, sounds like you have too - ask your midwife for a physio referral. It can really help!

MrsMermaid Tue 09-Aug-16 20:56:56

I thought it might be that but wasn't sure if it would affect more than my pelvis... I'll get onto the midwife, thank you smile

DesignedForLife Tue 09-Aug-16 21:33:33

I don't think it should affect feet and arms no - talk to your midwife, they might send you to GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now