Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

spa in pregnancy?

(2 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Mon 08-Aug-16 12:50:14

I booked a spa day in Italy for me and DH before I was pregnant. When we go to the spa, I'll be almost 14 wks. I am unsure what it's safe for me to use. The place has pools which I presume are different temperatures - I think that is fine? Also it has something called a 'thermalgrotto' - I'm really not sure what this is and it's hard to find info on the website. I think it'll be different saunas and steam rooms. Can I use the pools but not those? Or is it safe to use those for a short time?

Any advice on what's safe (or what 'thermalgrotto' is, for those who've been to Italy!) would be much appreciated!

Pootles2010 Mon 08-Aug-16 15:00:10

Well 'officially' you shouldn't use saunas etc, and that is what the people at the spa will tell you, assuming its the same as in the UK.

My midwife's advice was that it would be fine, the danger is you over heating, so if you do start to feel warm - just get out! Maybe don't go in on your own, make sure BF stays with you? I went and was absolutely fine - drink lots of water, and enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now