Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eating constantly to try and combat nausea

(5 Posts)
MelbourneMel Sun 07-Aug-16 19:39:03

More of a rant than anything. I found out I was pregnant at around 6 weeks and the morning sickness started straight away. I only get nauseous (which I am thankful for, I've seen sil with hypermeisis and wouldn't wish it on anyone) but apart from 1 or 2 ok days, It's been pretty much constant for the last 3 weeks. Can't remember it being this bad with my other 2 pregnancies. The only time I don't feel so bad is when I'm eating, so I'm eating loads to try and make myself feel a bit better. Bleurgh. I've already packed on a few pounds, although I know this will probably even out when the morning sickness eases (which is hopefully soon).

Feel miserable and terrible for my 2 kids as I'm thrown down most afternoons. Currently here with them on the couch watching teletubbies and waiting for bedtime and dh to come home with a chinese and trying to resist the temptation to stuff my face with cream crackers to quell the nausea

Feel a bit better for venting smile

PeachBellini123 Tue 16-Aug-16 21:22:12

Yep know the feeling! Carbs (i.e bread, crisps and chips!) were the only thing that helped me stop feeling sick (for a bit anyway) in the first 3 months. I did put on quite a bit of weight but I'm 20 weeks now and the feeling a lot better so the weight gain's slowed down.

Only thing I can suggest is eating little and often but hang on in there, hopefully it'll ease up for you.

Hereforthebeer Tue 16-Aug-16 21:27:04

I feel for you as I remember it and had it too. Don't know if it will also help you but, i realised the sugar highs made me worse. I tried lowering sugar and fat and eating carbs baked spuds and made a vegetable pasta sauce and had lotsof small portions of pasta with that, it made me feel fuller for a longer time and eased it a bit. Hope it eases soon..

blue2014 Wed 17-Aug-16 11:53:21

I've been exactly the same, put on 10 pounds in the first few weeks and even now (24 weeks ) I still get waves of nausea that are only quelled by crisps! And I had this vision that I would be a beckon of health when pregnant and only eat nutritious stuff that benefits the baby confused

Titchypanda Thu 18-Aug-16 13:01:50

I found rice was the easiest food to keep down but the only thing I have found to quell my nausea is Coca Cola. Usually I drink it once a day as I'm concious about the sugar, it's the only time I feel relief

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now