Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy

(8 Posts)
Charll Sun 07-Aug-16 17:32:52

hi everyone, right me and my husband are planning for a our second child. we are in our mid 20's and no problems concieving as we already have a 2 year old. we dont plan to have sex every 2/3 days as its just no doable, as i know they say if your actively trying thats the best way. so we're sort of letting it happen as and when smile ive got this period app that tells me when im ovulating and fertile ect. the last 2 months weve missed the fertility window so nothing has happened. but this month we've had sex within the window. now i wanted to know how many ladies have waited till theyre period cycle is due to test? or who has tested a week after ovulations day? because i had read that you can test a week after this day. thankyou everyone smile x

DoubleCarrick Sun 07-Aug-16 17:35:48

I conceived by dtd twice around ovulation. Took a test two weeks later. You're better off waiting so you don't have to worry about false negatives, etc

thecatsarecrazy Sun 07-Aug-16 22:20:53

I dtd well before my period tracker said was my fertile and got pregnant blush

thecatsarecrazy Sun 07-Aug-16 22:22:22

Did a pregnancy test day before period was due and got a strong positive

Charll Wed 10-Aug-16 22:01:16

hi girlies thankyou for replying. well ive relooked at my app and turns out we had sex on the 1st which is 2 days before ovulation day which was thursday 4th... tomorrow irl have been a week sins ovulation and will be 9 days until my periods due. what do you think i should do - wait to see if period comes or do a test? as i dont think it will show up on a test yet anyway even if i was? x

elliej83 Wed 10-Aug-16 22:09:52

I would wait until your period is due and then test. I had a chemical pregnancy and thought I was pregnant by testing too early. The doctor said this is becoming very common and causes a lot of heartache which you don't need to go through if you just wait to test.

LondonGirl83 Wed 10-Aug-16 22:33:05

Wait, its still too early to test.

Also apps aren't always great at predicting ovulation. Temping is much more accurate to get a sense of you cycle, which matters if you aren't dtd regularly

Charll Thu 11-Aug-16 19:27:23

thanks ellie and london girl.
ive done one this morning but it was negitive but im having the symptoms. im worried about my dizzy spells but i know going to the doctors thats the first thing theyre going to ask is if theres a chance i could be pregnant and what are you meant to say when you havent had your period yet? so dont really know what to do at the moment. and as far as the app goes its perfect! cos you can write down the days you come on etc and it predicts when your next ones are going to be and the week your fertilse etc so i know thats all fine cos its been bang on every predicted period sins ive been using it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now