Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in left side lower abdomen

(6 Posts)
Dandansmummy Sat 06-Aug-16 20:35:57

Hi. Looking for some advice. I'm currently 8 weeks 5 days pregnant and feeling a constant numb kind of pain in my lower left abdomen. I had a miscarriage earlier this year and started bleeding at 9 weeks, I felt a similar kind of pain in the weeks leading up to that, however i would say it was more severe. I'm starting to panic that the same could be happening again sad . I told my midwife at my booking in appointment on Tuesday that I was feeling uncomfortable and she said it sounded pretty normal but the pain feels worse now. I have had quite a hectic/active day so could it just be due to that? Any advice would be welcome, I don't know whether I should be preparing for the worst sad

Thanks

abbinobb Sat 06-Aug-16 20:56:43

I'd worry about ectopic and think you should get it checked out as soon as possible, it could very well be just stretching pains (more likelt to just be that) but better to be safe as they can be dangerous.

SeashellHoarder Sat 06-Aug-16 21:40:30

Yes, I'd get this checked out too. Especially as it's on the one side.
Do you have an epu at your local hospital? If so that would be the best bet.

CatsAndCocktails Sat 06-Aug-16 21:45:02

I had horrific one sided pain at around eight weeks and was convinced I was miscarrying. So convinced that I didn't even bother seeing the doctor, despite not being able to lie on my side. Turned out I had a uti that was very quickly sorted out by antibiotics but I would never have guessed things would be ok. Equally, I have had a miscarriage with absolutely no pain or bleeding so you really can't tell.

I agree about getting it checked out. Good luck.

Alicekeach Sat 06-Aug-16 22:21:58

I have this sort of pain - it's down to a cyst on my ovary.

Dandansmummy Sat 06-Aug-16 22:32:43

Thanks X fingers crossed for growing pains X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now