Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Found out I'm having a baby girl this morning and this afternoon my mum died

(45 Posts)
bumbleclat Fri 05-Aug-16 20:07:05

She'd been ill with cancer only since March, last Friday they were ready to send her home and she was in remission when she caught an infection which has rendered her unresponsive and in an intensive care unit since Monday.
Today She died whilst on an anesthetic they gave her to put an oxygen tube in to her.
She would have been an amazing grandma I'm so sad to loose her at this point but then there's never a good time to loose your mum.
I'm just grateful that I had such a lovely relationship with her and she's at peace now.

SugarMiceInTheRain Fri 05-Aug-16 20:08:12

thanks for you. So sorry for your loss.

user7755 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:08:22

flowers. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum.

jellycat1 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:09:03

So sorry for you loss. I hope your baby brings you happiness and comfort flowers

gingerboy1912 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:09:26

So sorry for your lossflowers

FreeFromHarm Fri 05-Aug-16 20:09:46

So sorry for your loss , may she rest in peace x hugs

I'm so sorry for your loss flowers

Dontyoulovecalpol Fri 05-Aug-16 20:10:38

Oh my god you poor poor thing. I'm so sorry for you x

ineedwine99 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:10:43

flowers so so sorry for your loss

NoCapes Fri 05-Aug-16 20:10:53

Oh I'm so so sorry flowers
And Congratulations on your healthy little girl

Justwondering79 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:11:26

I lost my Dad 3 days before I found out I was having a boy. I understand how you are feeling. Seeing my Dad's smile flash across my little boy's face every now and again brings me great comfort.

So sorry for your loss, wishing you much strengthflowers

BikeRunSki Fri 05-Aug-16 20:11:36

Oh *bumble", I'm so sorry. Did you tell her you were having a baby girl (I realise you said she was unresponsive) ? What a lot of emotions all at once.

I hope you'll let your baby girl know how wonderful her grandma was. My dad died years before my children were born, but they know all about him.

ImperialBlether Fri 05-Aug-16 20:11:52

How awful for you. Your poor mum. I hope your best memories of her stay strong and your new baby daughter brings you great happiness.

flowers

m33r Fri 05-Aug-16 20:12:00

So so sorry for your loss x

AaronBleurgh Fri 05-Aug-16 20:12:51

That's awful. I'm so sorry.

Congratulations on your daughter. I hope she brings you some comfort. flowers

weechops Fri 05-Aug-16 20:13:50

Oh bumble I'm so so sorry for the loss of your mum. You poor love, sending you strength. And we will all be there to support you on the antenatal thread. Much love flowers

Tootsiepops Fri 05-Aug-16 20:13:53

Oh bumble - I'm so sorry for your loss. My mum died in April this year when my daughter was just four months old. I am still heartbroken that my little one will grow up not knowing her gran. Life is very unfair at times. Look after yourself during your pregnancy - I know you will miss her, but I'm sure your mum would not want you to grieve too hard for too long. We have to look after our own little ones now flowers

BendydickCuminsnatch Fri 05-Aug-16 20:15:25

Wow what a day. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine it flowers

Dixiechick17 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:15:25

I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope that you have plenty of memories to share with your daughter and enjoy the same bond with her xx

Laptopontable Fri 05-Aug-16 20:40:20

Bumbleclat I am so so sorry to hear about your Mum. You will be in my thoughts. Sending strength. Congratulations on your girl, I'm sure she'll bring you joy in dark times flowers

lougle Fri 05-Aug-16 20:59:09

I'm so sorry. I hope you get good support from the hospital's bereavement officer. It's such a shock. flowers

KateTheShrew Fri 05-Aug-16 20:59:28

I'm so very sorry to hear that, bumbleclat flowers

justpeachy74 Fri 05-Aug-16 21:06:04

flowers sorry for your loss.

TroysMammy Fri 05-Aug-16 21:09:47

I'm so sorry, that is so sad. I'm sure you have lots of lovely memories of your Mum which you can share with your little girl so you can continue to love her together.

Blingygolightly Fri 05-Aug-16 21:10:36

I am so sorry for your loss.flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now