Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

DIY nursing bras

(6 Posts)
Pixie2015 Fri 05-Aug-16 16:54:03

Not impressed with any of the nursing bras I have seen so far for the cost compared to regular bras. So I have read a few tutorials on how to DIY it with kam snaps (like plastic press studs) which I already have or with plastic nursing bra clasps which seem reasonable to buy. Has anyone got any ideas or tips / done it themselves before I take the scissors to my bra collection?

HobnobDunker Fri 05-Aug-16 18:56:19

No tips I'm afraid but have you seen the nursing bras in primark? Might be worth a try and they're very cheap. I get all my bras from primark and have always been pleased with them. Although I'm a very "common" size

Phalarope Fri 05-Aug-16 19:19:47

I've done it, with the plastic nursing bra clips. V easy to do (although I wouldn't say my sewing was a thing of beauty). Remember to add a strip of elastic or ribbon to join the strap to the cup, or the strap will disappear down your back mid-feed.

AveEldon Sat 06-Aug-16 10:19:32

Yes I've done it
I reused the plastic clips and the elastic strips from the duff nursing bras and used them on my normal underwired bras
Due to style differences the elastic strips are attached in a different place but they work fine

Fluffsnuts Sat 06-Aug-16 12:18:16

Yes, with nursing clips. Very easy.

Just remember you shouldn't wear underwire for the first few weeks.

Pixie2015 Sat 06-Aug-16 15:27:23

Great will have a try and check primary out x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now