Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

wee or waters breaking??

(26 Posts)
Needabiscuit Wed 03-Aug-16 15:58:13

I need help as to whether to go to the hospital or not,
While walking home today, and after drinking a big cup of tea, I was feeling the urge to have a wee, all while I was walking I was kinda holding it in, as I entered the front door a gush come out that I tried to control, and felt I could stem the flow abit!!
But it kept coming, so I just let it, I didn't smell it at first so not sure if it had the typical smell of urine!
I'm 30 weeks so would like to know if that sounds like my waters have broken, or I have just wet myself?

marthastew Wed 03-Aug-16 16:03:34

Smell your knickers. Waters smell different to wee. Also put a pad on and check it to see if it keeps coming. If it's not wee you need to call the hospital/midwife asap.

BestZebbie Wed 03-Aug-16 16:07:54

When my waters broke I spent the first ten minutes googling "waters breaking or wee" - but I was 39 weeks and due for a planned c-section a couple of days after, so ready to go. It became obvious about an hour later when the contractions started.
Waters smell different (people say like hay, like prawn crackers - but not like wee), you can't stop them with the usual 'stop wee' action.
If you are concerned, call your midwife!

Jodie1982 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:08:21

Sounds like wee. When my waters have gone there's been no feeling/warning and no control whatsoever. Put a pad on and you will see if there's any loss at all.

paddypants13 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:08:29

Yes, it's a bit grim but I would also suggest smelling your knickers. Also, put a pad in to catch anymore. If you go to hosp the midwife may want to see it.

Best wishes op. flowers

CatsAndCocktails Wed 03-Aug-16 16:09:00

When my waters went it didn't really smell of anything. I would advise calling your midwife to be checked out.

MrsBungle Wed 03-Aug-16 16:09:55

That sounds like wee. When my waters went it was trickling out with no feeling of needing a wee at all. Put a pad on and see if it keeps coming.

LotsaTuddles Wed 03-Aug-16 16:10:37

My waters didn't smell either I don't think. But, I did feel a popping sensation just before they came out.

Definitely call your midwife

Needabiscuit Wed 03-Aug-16 16:12:41

I'v out a pad on, and water came out again, which I could control, but it doesn't have a urine smell, I'm so confused

Needabiscuit Wed 03-Aug-16 16:12:57

I'v put

Jodie1982 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:13:08

Yes to the popping sensation. Felt like an Elastic band pinging.

Needabiscuit Wed 03-Aug-16 16:13:29

No popping sensation as of yet

Sierra259 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:14:31

I would say definitely get checked out. Better to be reassured!

Sierra259 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:15:55

I had no sensation of popping at all with DC2. Just noticed my pants and trousers were wet.

Lweji Wed 03-Aug-16 16:18:07

I'd go and have it checked today.

When my waters broke they didn't all come at once, nor did I feel a pop sensation.

Thinking about when I have a really bad period flow, I can control it to some extent, and then it all comes out.

Again, get it checked. You lose nothing, only if you don't check and it's amniotic fluid.

Ringadingdingdong Wed 03-Aug-16 16:26:22

I had this with DS1 a couple of times. It turned out to be wee. A few weeks later my waters went and there was a popping sensation.

Pop a pad in and if you have any more go get checked.

My waters had a sort of sweet smell, a bit like hay.

Mummyme87 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:28:55

Sounds like urine however, when my waters broke I was lying down and asleep. I woke up and felt really wet down below, felt like I couldn't stand up as water was going to come out (which it did). It continued from then on in until I delivered. It did smell though and was meconium stained so very obvious.

Needabiscuit Wed 03-Aug-16 17:11:55

I'm going to triage, just waiting for my partner.
Thank you for the advice

Afreshstartplease Wed 03-Aug-16 17:14:35

Hope all is okay op!

Mooey89 Wed 03-Aug-16 17:18:32

Good luck OP. No popping at first for me, mine went overnight and was more of a trickle... I knew it was waters because they kept coming, and smelt bleachy!

CatsAndCocktails Wed 03-Aug-16 17:31:25

I didn't have popping either and it was a trickle for me as well rather than a gush. Good luck and hope everything is ok.

Needabiscuit Wed 03-Aug-16 21:39:51

Back from triage,
signs are all good, have the consultant for a different reason tomorrow, so will be checked again, but looks like I've just wet myselfblush
Thanks again for everyone's replies

SillyQu Wed 03-Aug-16 21:45:29

Don't worry. I pissed myself in Tesco at 37 weeks thinking it was my waters

Lweji Thu 04-Aug-16 00:13:23

At least you can relax tonight. smile

Oysterbabe Thu 04-Aug-16 07:48:15

For future reference, when my waters went they couldn't be controlled and after the first gush it was a continuous trickle until I gave birth. They were also pale pink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now