Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm having a CVS at 2pm, very nervous

(6 Posts)
lotusisaddictive Wed 03-Aug-16 09:58:38

I had my dating scan on Saturday when I was 11wks 4 days, the NT measurement was 3.8, I also had the blood test. The midwife scanning me told me that the screening would most likely come back high risk so I booked in straight away for CVS.
I've felt so different this pregnancy, I have a dd who is 3), almost like I know there is something wrong.

We were so excited on Saturday before the scan but now I feel sort of strange.

Anyone had similar NT at that many weeks? The cut off is 3.5 but that is up to 13wks and 6 days, feel certain it's going to be bad news because it's so high so early.

Glassofwineneeded Wed 03-Aug-16 10:58:15

i was told my baby has an enlarged bladder at my nuchal scan. Was told it could be indicative of a chromosomal abnormality.
Decided against cvs and waited for 4 anxious weeks until they scanned again. It was still slightly enlarged but I decided against an amino too. My pregnancy was a miracle as I had been told there was no chance so I felt that whatever the outcome it was meant to be anyway.
I had a healthy ds.
All pregnancies are different.
Good luck this afternoon. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the result.

ATisketATasket Wed 03-Aug-16 12:07:55

Hand holding here flowers we had a cvs for a very large Nt/cystic hygroma a few weeks ago, our results came back quickly, so I hope it's the same for you and they bring you reassuring news.
The procedure itself was ok, but do try to take it easy for at least a day afterwards, I was quite sore and achy once the local wore off.
There is an antenatal tests board on here, which may be useful to you.you are not alone and I hope you get some reassuring results x

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Aug-16 13:12:01

We'll move this to the pregnancy topic now lotus - sending good vibes and love for the test flowers

Jodie1982 Wed 03-Aug-16 22:18:49

Hope everything went well lotus.
Wishing you and baby all the best.

LBNM19 Wed 03-Aug-16 23:42:19

I've had 2. My first son has a gentic condtion which we have a 25% chance of passing on. I have one healthy son and I'm pregnant again with a baby that isn't affected. I no it isn't nice but more uncomfortable. Rest tonight and tomorrow and I hope you get your results back soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now