Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Injecting Tinzaparin & worried about birth options...

(1 Post)
user1468166567 Tue 02-Aug-16 16:18:04

Hi All,

I am 24 weeks pregnant with my first. I am a consultant led pregnancy due to my age & BMI. Went along to my first consultant appointment full expecting a lecture re my BMI (however had ammo - have lost a stone and not gained any more!) but it was to tell me that due to a DVT at 17 I am to inject myself daily with bloody thinners.

At the time I was so shocked that I wasn't being lectured too about my weight again that I just nodded, agreed and smiled and didn't really take much in!

I know that the consultant said that they WONT induce me and if I need a C Section then I will have to have a general. The only other way to get an epidural is as long as I haven't injected it within last 24hrs...I mean how is anything but natural or general A going to be an option for me?!

I wanted/still want a water birth if poss and not an epidural anyway - I am just so confused and wondered if anyone had any experience of blood thinners/birth options?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now