Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New baby or up to 1 month... Which size?!

(8 Posts)
Dueindecember2016 Mon 01-Aug-16 19:43:19

Which is the best size to get for new borns? My worry is that if baby is over 8lb they won't got in new baby. What is everyone else doing?

Whatsername17 Mon 01-Aug-16 19:50:18

Up to one month for a few things but more in 0-3. My dd was 7lb15oz and ridiculously long. Her gros were baggy around the waist and straining at her feet!

UnicornPee Mon 01-Aug-16 19:54:08

My two were 8.12 and 9.03 and both never fit in newborn.
It's better for your pocket to buy 0-3 anyway as at least you'll get a good few wears out of them.
Obviously unless you have a teeny baby.

WottyMcWottFace Mon 01-Aug-16 19:54:37

I went for 0-3m m, just see how you measure towards the end. You could always pack one outfit new born and one 0-3 to be sure flowers

Minispringroll Mon 01-Aug-16 19:55:05

So far, I've got 2 sleepsuits in newborn size and about 6 in "up to 1 month" (as well as a few items I've been given 2nd hand). Not sure about sizes, either. LO measured on 91st centile during the last scan, but I was only 3 pounds at birth...and DH was only 7 pounds. We'll see what happens. I think as long as we've got enough to cover the first one or two days, DH can still do an emergency shop. hmm

welshweasel Mon 01-Aug-16 19:57:33

I bought a multipack of babygros in 3 different sizes from John Lewis, you can return them any time within 90 days I think, although the staff said they'd take them after that. Ended up needing them all as I had a tiddler.

EreniTheFrog Mon 01-Aug-16 20:00:47

Whatever you buy, keep the receipts! Both mine were in newborn size until about 8 months, and it would have been good to have exchanged some of the 0-3s which just sat gathering dust.

Dueindecember2016 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:20:40

Thanks everyone. I want to be prepared but like you say, my other half can always do an emergency run to the shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now