Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Will I get my rings back on after all this is over??

(14 Posts)
fruityb Mon 01-Aug-16 11:30:56

I've had to take my engagement ring off, which I took in for a replate, and can't get it back on without a struggle right now. I took it off again as I don't want it cutting off. It's killing me that I can't wear it as I love it and it was chosen by my fiancé which makes it even more special.

Will I get this back on after? I'm
37 weeks and am suffering with swollen fingers and ankles - but what I've read says it'll go. Anyone give me any positive feedback??

Whatsername17 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:09:22

Yes. A week if not days after giving birth. It happened to me too. Just watch your blood pressure. My ankles kept swelling and it turned out to be hypertension. You must mention it to your midwife. X

Ni58 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:12:52

I put my ring on a chain and wore it round my neck.

fruityb Mon 01-Aug-16 12:24:28

Blood pressure has always been spot on whatsername and have always mentioned the swelling - I think my feet have grown as I am struggling massively to get the converse on lol. But thank you for the concern smile my feet feel like I've been on a twenty mile walk in a morning, this relaxin has a lot to answer for.

Hopefully I'll get it back on asap. I bloody love it! Plus it looks all shiny and new now.

LBOCS2 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:31:59

I swelled up so much that I couldn't fit DH's trainers on my feet, let alone my own!

They all went back to normal afterwards though.

MrsJoJo Mon 01-Aug-16 15:33:28

In my last pregnancy I had to take my rings off for the last few weeks - I wore them on a necklace. I got them back on again without any trouble shortly after birth!

Clickncollect Mon 01-Aug-16 15:41:41

My baby is 7 weeks old now and I can finally get my engagement ring back on. The wedding ring won't fit yet though...

MmmMalbec Mon 01-Aug-16 15:43:47

Yeah you lose loads of water weight after giving birth. I was back wearing my rings within a few weeks!

PS I was on your 'ummm newbie thread', good luck with the birth etc!!!

Gotheftosleep Mon 01-Aug-16 15:43:56

You'll get it back on but it could take a few weeks.

Alwaysinahurrynow Mon 01-Aug-16 15:45:12

I get swollen fingers and ankles with each pregnancy and so have had all my rings off since about 25 weeks. I actually get significant additional swelling post birth so it took about 8 weeks to get them all back on after ds2.

DH made the amusing comment that he had got the odd strange look walking around with me heavily pregnant and our two boys until the penny dropped that he is wearing a wedding ring and I'm not.

LillyBugg Mon 01-Aug-16 15:47:10

Took a few days from what I remember for me to get my rings back on. I remember putting them back on and then lying on my front to not sleep. It was blissful.

fruityb Mon 01-Aug-16 16:01:55

I can't wait for baby to arrive, I just want the weight out and I'll worry about the aftermath later!

I forget I started that thread, I dont think I posted on it again after starting but know it got a lot of people talking to each other grin it's a long time on from that and I can't believe baby is nearly here now. Been a long ride.

Will look forward to getting my rings back on. It's such an important symbol for me and I want it back on again!

Funnyface1 Mon 01-Aug-16 16:04:59

Yes, by the end I could wear my wedding ring but not my engagement ring. Within a week of birth it was back on. This time I'm still wearing them both (35 weeks tomorrow) so hoping to wear them for as long as possible.

MmmMalbec Mon 01-Aug-16 17:24:38

Yeah there are a few of us on a Facebook group still all from that thread! I'm TTC number 2 now! Yeah long road but it'll be all worth it smile Do you know what you're having?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now