Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pole dancing during pregnancy

(6 Posts)
lsav2912 Mon 01-Aug-16 11:02:26

Hi!

I saw an article on my local paper about a woman who filmed herself pole dancing while in labour. Wasn't sure how to feel about it really.

What are your thoughts? Is it dangerous?

hollinhurst84 Mon 01-Aug-16 11:13:38

Meh. Same as any sport or exercise. If you feel you can't invert any more then some people stick to spins
Google Cleo the pole dancer pregnancy, she danced all the way through and was still doing the splits etc. It's whatever your body is happy doing and you feel safe doing

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 01-Aug-16 11:23:01

Sounds like a good way to open the pelvis and assist labour.

AudreyBradshaw Mon 01-Aug-16 14:17:10

I can't imagine hauling myself Into an invert (23+5). Spins, meh, as long as you're careful and used to it then I can't see an problem. Unless you have your own pole I would be surprised if any studios would allow it though. Insurance/safety wise.

EreniTheFrog Mon 01-Aug-16 20:14:32

Yikes. Erm, each to their own but I tend to prefer to sit gently on a ball screaming breathing.

Junosmum Mon 01-Aug-16 21:02:43

Meh, if she'd been doing it all the way through then fair enough. You just have to listen to your body and not push yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now