Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Needing to wee

(15 Posts)
Kate555578 Mon 01-Aug-16 10:38:05

Hi I've never posted before but feel the need for some reassurance
I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I cant stop needing a wee in the night! Its driving me up the wall. At the start of my pregnancy I could sleep for England and quite happily fall asleep at half 8 and slept all the way through I was so tired. Now all I can think about is that I'll be up 3 hours later needing a wee and then again 3 hours later. I don't have this problem in the day.

Is there anything I can do to help it or please tell me it's going to calm down.

Thanks

iPatches Mon 01-Aug-16 11:31:36

I've been up at least twice a night since 8w! It sadly seems to be a normal part of pregnancy. I'm also much more thirsty at night and first thing the morning and in the day which doesn't help but I figure that I need water so just drink it without worrying about getting up.

I leave the hallway light downstairs on or just take my phone with the screen illuminated so I can see my way to the bathroom but don't need to turn the lights on, which helps keep me sleepy and I'm usually asleep again within a few minutes of crawling back into bed.

BeardMinge Mon 01-Aug-16 11:50:49

Hahaha, you think it's bad now? Wait until you're 35 weeks and your bladder is the size of a walnut, or wait until you've had the baby and wee every time you sneeze.

JennyOnAPlate Mon 01-Aug-16 11:57:38

Completely normal I'm afraid. By 32ish weeks I was up every hour/hour and a half for a wee!

Spingroll16 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:01:36

I'm 6 weeks and up 2 or 3 times each night too!!

I also used to be able to sleep straight through, so it is annoying!

mumchkin Mon 01-Aug-16 12:13:59

Sorry but I was up every hour on the hour pretty much. Never got more than about 30 mins uninterrupted sleep. Was terrible all the way through. On the upside, once the baby was born I felt like I was getting SO much sleep, even though he was waking every 2-3 hours. I actually felt incredibly well-rested compared to being pregnant!

Kate555578 Mon 01-Aug-16 13:55:39

Ah well at least I'm not the only one! I don't know anyone else pregnant at the minute and parents are the only ones informed so not really got anyone to run things by. It's become a bit of a joke between me and my boyfriend that he has to ensure there's a toilet within easy reach of wherever we go.

Pearlman Mon 01-Aug-16 14:28:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PenelopePitstops Mon 01-Aug-16 14:30:45

16 weeks and similar here.

I'm really struggling with how thirsty I am when I wake up in the morning. I have a small drink in the night but it makes no difference, I almost have a dehydration headache every morning despite drinking 8 pints of water per day.

LillyC Mon 01-Aug-16 14:32:15

yap, I used to sleep 8h in a row with no middle night breaks. Now I need to go all the time. During the day is the same, pretty much every hour I need to go. At night I end up going twice.

April13 Mon 01-Aug-16 14:43:24

BeardMinge grin..I don't even have to sneeze smilesmile

MeAndTheMajor Mon 01-Aug-16 14:52:26

I've always been like that in early pregnancy. It's unbearable, so you have my sympathy. I find that it eases off at about 12 weeks and then gets worse again after about 30ish weeks.

ThinkPinkStink Mon 01-Aug-16 15:02:04

From the beginning (four or five weeks) I was waking three times a night to wee. At that stage, I think it's hormones flooding your body. There's so much change happening to your body right now - looking back it's genuinely amazing... at the time, total pain in the butt.

Then for a little while (maybe from 14 to 20 weeks) I went down to one wee a night (which is my pre-pregnancy level) - getting sleep was nice, but at this stage I felt generally less pregnant which was a different type of scary.

I'm now 31 weeks and I need to pee ALL THE TIME - I wake up three times a night (minimum) and I can't walk 10m without needing a wee - this time it's more to do with the baby pressing down on my bladder, so I have lots of tiny, hot, rubbish wees.

If there's one thing I've learned it's to roll with the hormones - there will be times when you are scared and times when you are excited, and you will feel very very tired (pretty much consistently) - but when you have your 20 week scan and you see that your body has grown a tiny little perfectly-formed heart..it's breathtaking xx

bittapitta Mon 01-Aug-16 15:04:09

First trimester this happens because of hormones, very annoying. Second trimester I found it improved. End of third trimester you need to wee more because of the weight pushing on bladder! So hopefully you'll get some respite soon for a few months.

Porcupinetree Mon 01-Aug-16 15:30:15

Up every two hours from 5 weeks here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now