Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I have a UTI and A bit worried

(8 Posts)
hayleyjones2701 Fri 29-Jul-16 19:06:30

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and doctor has told me I have a UTI and has put me on antibiotics for 7 days I'm only on day 2 of the antibiotics but feel like my symptoms are getting worse day by day I'm in so much pain in my back, my tummy and lower abdomen, constant headache and nauseous all the time I know that antibiotics take a while to work but I'm a bit worried because I've never felt so ill before and just wondered if anyone has any advice or has been through this before? X

RochelleGoyle Fri 29-Jul-16 19:12:06

Go back to the GP.

Verticalvenetianblinds Fri 29-Jul-16 19:14:22

I went to triage when I was 19 weeks pg, uti pushed my blood pressure up. Don't be fobbed off, you know how u feel

GoMommaItsaBargain Fri 29-Jul-16 19:22:46

Go back to doc- even try thus eve if poss- you may need a different antibiotic - usually prescribe one if you have symptoms and send of urine sample to see what it grows... It may show you need a diff treatment - thus happend to me about 8 weeks preg- I had never felt so ill- ended up admitted by out of hours doctor to a ward for fluids- could barely walk- had been on one antibiotics for two days getting g worse - while I was being admitted they managed find results of urine culture and immediately started me on antibiotic drip with different antibiotic . Started feel better aftet first 24 hours of that and iv fluids - had turned into kidney infection- was getting sickness and horrid non pregnancy aches mud back - from kidney - go back to docs and ask if urine was sent off

Ellioru Sat 30-Jul-16 11:37:48

Go back. My sister had the exact same symptons a few weeks ago while 25 weeks pregnant, her UTI spread to her kidneys. She went to the drs and an ambulance was called straight away & she was in the hospital for a week with sepsis.

EreniTheFrog Sat 30-Jul-16 13:32:55

OP - how are you now?

MarchelineWhatNot Sat 30-Jul-16 13:37:47

Please go back to the GP. A girl I know died a couple of weeks ago from a UTI. She went to the hospital and never came out. She was in a coma. We all expected her to get better. She was only 24 years old.

hayleyjones2701 Sat 30-Jul-16 16:30:53

I'm still no better waiting for a call back from out of hours doctor will keep you updated thanks for advice x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now