Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is 13 weeks too early to feel the baby move?

(8 Posts)
Bellabelloo Fri 29-Jul-16 17:28:30

I am 13 weeks and 2 days today and have had some weird fluttering/very light tip tapping on my left hand side. My midwife said it's not possible to feel anything until 16 weeks. This doesn't feel like gas or anything else I've felt before though. Could I possibly be feeling my baby moving?!!

spankhurst Fri 29-Jul-16 17:31:32

I had exactly this. I'd never felt anything like it before. I don't know what it is but it sure felt like a baby moving.

Bellabelloo Fri 29-Jul-16 18:03:17

How many weeks are you? X

Whatsername17 Fri 29-Jul-16 18:33:08

I'm 15 weeks and I've been feeling my baby since 13 or so weeks. It's my 2nd baby and 3rd pregnancy though. It feels like air bubbles popping or elastic bands being twanged. I felt my first from about 14 weeks too.

Bellabelloo Fri 29-Jul-16 18:47:39

Thanks Whatsername! I might not be totally mad then. I'll see if it continues. It's happened a few times today, but I guess if I don't feel it again it might have been something else.... X

GashleyCrumbTiny Sat 30-Jul-16 12:50:43

My SMiL insists she felt her first at around 13 weeks. Everyone told her there was no way that's what it was but the feeling just got stronger and stronger until there was no doubt. I think it's highly unusual but you'll know as things progress!

Ilikegin Sat 30-Jul-16 13:03:08

I definitely felt flutters at 13weeks! I spent all my time in bed vomiting with HG so had nothing to do but concentrate on the slightest thing, they say women in 2nd pregnancy feel it sooner as they know what to expect the 2nd time that's all!

Tfoot75 Sat 30-Jul-16 13:14:46

I felt my 2nd move from 12 weeks, and it was proper kicks rather than flutters, I didn't believe it at first but could see it and feel it when being scanned which confirmed it! I don't think the midwife can say what is possible or not possible for different people to feel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now