Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby's bladder measuring big during 12 week scan and I'm worried - has anyone experienced this?

(6 Posts)
KarenLF Thu 28-Jul-16 14:04:37

Hi everyone, I had my first ever 12 week scan yesterday and everything was going swimmingly till at the end of the scan, the sonographer pointed out that the baby's bladder was measuring a bit big and that she would make an appointment with the consultant just to make sure everything was fine. She did say that because I was slim it could just be prominent and that's the reason she was seeing it really well or that the baby was just needing to pee. At first I wasn't worried but I made the mistake of googling it and people have experienced it when they've gone onto lose their baby's or they've been born with problems. Now I'm going out of my mind with worry and I just wondered if anyone had gone through the same thing? Thanks in advance.

Perpetualstateofchaos Thu 28-Jul-16 14:30:16

Hi. I had similar with ds1s kidney at my 2nd scan at about 26 weeks. They rescanned at 34 weeks and it was just that he needed to go for a wee but hadn't been. Apparently it's quite common with boys

KarenLF Thu 28-Jul-16 16:09:37

Thank you - I'm such a pessimist and just automatically think the worst. Ive got to go back for another scan a week on Tuesday so hopefully it'll have emptied its bladder by then!

user1467983757 Thu 28-Jul-16 17:18:07

Good luck op
Let us know how you get on xx

Perpetualstateofchaos Fri 29-Jul-16 09:50:39

Fingers crossed for you. It's worrying but they are keeping an eye on it so they and you can be aware if needed.

MrsGlam Fri 29-Jul-16 11:39:44

I had similar it was picked up by one sonographer at one of my many scans, she saw me twice and he had a full bladder, told me not to worry and see what the next scan said it was never mentioned again by any other sonographer..My Little boy is now 15 weeks with no issues.
Step away from google!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now