Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did your symptoms kick in?

(9 Posts)
Barefootcontessa84 Thu 28-Jul-16 10:59:43

Hi all

Just wondering when your symptoms kicked in, and what they were?

I'm 6 weeks today - so far I've got sore breasts and veins everywhere, and a touch of constipation and thirst, but otherwise feeling ok. I wouldn't say I was particularly tired, though perhaps a bit more 'spacey' and no real nausea.

Should I have more symptoms by now?

Thanks!

MagpieCursedTea Thu 28-Jul-16 11:06:47

First pregnancy all I had was sore boobs until about 7 weeks when the exhaustion and nausea kicked in.
This pregnancy I started feeling sick and getting dizzy about 3 or 4 days before my BFP.

Jojo13 Thu 28-Jul-16 11:07:01

I felt rough and took a couple of days off work before I even realised I was pregnant first time round! Just felt so tired, achy and generally crap. I'm 8 weeks with my second now and the only sign I've had is tiredness. I feel like I could sleep for a week.
I don't think it's a case of should or shouldn't with symptoms, if you're feeling pretty good then I would consider yourself one of the lucky ones! Some people suffer more than others so hopefully you will have an easy ride. Congrats and good luck x

smellsofelderberries Thu 28-Jul-16 15:38:13

My symptoms came and went quite a bit during the first trimester, but it was mainly tiredness, vague nausea (never vomited though) and extreme thirst. I drank SO much water. I remember week 9, 10 and 11 being the worst for nausea and I basically lived off fish finger sandwiches. Really though, my symptoms were not that bad and I can completely understand how some women don't realise they're pregnant. I didn't think my symptoms were strong enough, but I think people are more likely to talk about it off they're having a hard time of things. It seems like everyone on Mumsnet has a hard first trimester, but my friends and family in real life have had similar experiences to me- vague symptoms with the odd day of proper nausea here and there.

thecatsarecrazy Thu 28-Jul-16 18:35:37

My first symptom was everything smelt so strong, ladies perfume I picked up on most of all and this was before I had taken a test. Then at 6 weeks my boobs were sore and the dreaded sickness kicked in. I've had 2 children before and don't remember it being this bad.

Barefootcontessa84 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:25:18

Thanks ladies - I am drinking tonnes of water, so I suppose that's something! Perhaps I'll be lucky (for now) though perversely, a bit of sickness would put my mind at ease!

m33r Thu 28-Jul-16 22:09:10

I'm 5+5 and am knackered (but have a DS, job etc), and get floated at night. I suppose I have some nausea but nothing extreme. I also am drinking loads ... Had an MC in Feb so the no symptoms stories are reassuring me.

Dixiechick17 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:45:23

I was knackered and had sore boobs, and that was all I had symptom wise, tiredness kicked in around 8weeks as did the sore boobs.

EreniTheFrog Sat 30-Jul-16 16:48:40

For me it was just after 5 weeks each time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now