Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The aftermath

(6 Posts)
Inwaiting Wed 27-Jul-16 22:49:53

I can't really find a relevant place to put this in.

Following the birth of my little one everything was healing fine. I even stopped bleeding a week later.

I had A LOT of stitches in areas I didn't even know existed.

But I'm now in my 4th week since delivery and I am bleeding heavily from my back passage every time I 'go'.

I then spend the next 24 hours in agony and scared of the next time I need to go.

I've tried to have a look (very awkward) and I can't really see anything out of place. Other than my down below looks as though it has been in some sort of accident.

Do I go to the doctor now about this or wait until my 6 week check to see if things get better?

eastcoastmum2014 Wed 27-Jul-16 22:51:00

Get to your gp asap!! Get an emergency appointment in the morning! This needs to be checked out!

peaceloveandtwirlywoos Wed 27-Jul-16 22:52:44

I think you should go to the doctor now. That sounds horrendous and not something you can put up with for two more weeks. Hopefully it's nothing more serious than haemorrhoids but let the doctor be the judge.
Feel better soon (and congratulations!)

peaceloveandtwirlywoos Wed 27-Jul-16 22:53:48

How badly did you tear?

IamChipmunk Thu 28-Jul-16 07:13:18

I would also get checked but just to say I had stitches from an episiotomy and thought they were opening and bleeding when I did a poo. When the midwife checked for me she said the stitches were fine and it was the pushing of doing a poo that was squeezing blood out. But it was lochia blood (even tho I thought the bleeding was pretty much gone).
So it may not be your stitches.

Inwaiting Thu 28-Jul-16 10:09:57

Thanks all I will make an appointment. This is way too much info but it's like it's coming from inside. I can feel it where it reopens. It's weird because it doesn't bleed all the time. I'll see what gp says xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now