Talk

Advanced search

Maternity clothes

(18 Posts)
twinmamma2b Tue 26-Jul-16 18:14:27

Does anyone know if Next are only doing maternity clothes online now? No stores near me stock them any more so I wondered if it is across the country. I hate ordering online!

SquedgieBeckenheim Tue 26-Jul-16 18:59:05

Where I am there are no maternity clothes in actual shops! It's very frustrating.

SeashellHoarder Tue 26-Jul-16 20:15:39

Hand m is the only place I found doing nasty clothes in store. If you have to order online check out Seraphine, best of the budget options.

SeashellHoarder Tue 26-Jul-16 20:16:27

Sorry that should say maternity clothes not nasty clothes ( but they are a bit nasty anyway)

soundsystem Tue 26-Jul-16 20:17:26

Doesn't really answer your question, but Topshop do maternity clothes in store and have a decent selection.

MonkeyPoozzled76 Tue 26-Jul-16 21:27:50

I've walked round the whole of Milton Kynes this afternoon. The only shops I could find with anything maternity in was Mothercare (not very nice) and H&M (a selection of jeans and tshirts, okish). Everywhere else such as John Lewis and Next and a few others said online only. It's so daft, it's not exactly an unusual condition to be in!!

divafever99 Tue 26-Jul-16 21:31:40

I found maternity clothes harder to find during my recent pregnancy compared to when I was pregnant dd1, 6 years ago. My local Next and asda no longer stocked them in store. I ended up getting most of them from new look who do have a reasonable selection.

twinmamma2b Tue 26-Jul-16 21:55:00

It is crazy. I'm looking for some smart work clothes which seem to be particularly hard to find.

CarrotVan Wed 27-Jul-16 11:03:07

eBay - there are always people selling on their maternity clothes.

Asos has a good range but obviously not high street

Debenhams often have a reasonable range

Topshop have a maternity range but might be online only

Matalan do some maternity stuff

CarrotVan Wed 27-Jul-16 11:04:37

Dorothy Perkins is worth a look (via Debenhams for maternity I find)

iwillbemrsminty Wed 27-Jul-16 11:45:40

Same problem here. It's driving me mad! Debenhams were my last hope, but all they have is about 4 items in their Red Herring range. It's such a faff doing it online what with signatures and returning if it doesn't fit. Also after smart work clothes as I work in solicitors office but I'm now in leggings!

sj257 Wed 27-Jul-16 13:11:51

It's driving me mad too, I need to try on before I buy, i don't do online clothes shopping!

CarrotVan Wed 27-Jul-16 15:01:13

Can you find a really big ASDA? They do very simple black jersey maternity dresses which could you wear with cardigans or loose jackets for work.

Or a really big New Look but I don't find them as work friendly.

Arborea Wed 27-Jul-16 19:22:58

Mrsminty have you checked out Isabella Oliver or Seraphine? Both do naice office clothes and I think both have sale stuff atm (not totally sure as only 8 ish weeks to go for me and not buying anything else, but have several smart dresses from each, and Jojo Maman Bebe which are my mainstays along with H&M glossy maternity tights...)

twinmamma2b Thu 28-Jul-16 09:46:42

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Like SJ, I need to try before I buy. Bought a pair of Jojo linen trousers online and ended up having to shorten them by 6"! Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and order loads of sizes, with a view to sending a vast majority of them back.

MrsLen Thu 28-Jul-16 21:28:11

Hi ladies, it's such a struggle to be able to try maternity clothes on in a store. I can only find them in large H&M and New Look stores. My favourite place is ASOS - they have a great selection at reasonable prices. And you can try them on in the comfort of home and then send back if not suitable. Hope this helps. Xx

PotatoBread Fri 29-Jul-16 17:26:18

Mothercare & H&M were the only shops I could find that had a small selection in store. My local M&S had a tiny section though it was by the baby stuff rather than in ladies wear. Had to get most of mine via online - ASOS for new stuff and eBay for stuff like Seraphine & Isabella Oliver

user1463864877 Fri 29-Jul-16 23:03:09

Bought some gorgeous smart work dresses in M&S and used click and collect in store. Tried them on there and then - loved them so much, I kept them both. Also recommend H&M and ASOS which I'd never used before but their range is second to none.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now