Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you take pregnacare vitamins

(7 Posts)
abbinobb Tue 26-Jul-16 07:44:16

Do you need to take folic acid as well? It has folic acid in it so I'm thinking not but just want to double check

Scarydinosaurs Tue 26-Jul-16 07:47:03

Nope, it has the folic acid you need in it.

lotusisaddictive Tue 26-Jul-16 08:06:42

If you have bmi of 35 or over you need to take 5mg of folic acid which was prescribed by my doctor at my 8 week appointment, also she gave me vitamin d capsules to take every day throughout pregnancy. Not sure if that's because of weight or just new guidelines.

AspiringMother Tue 26-Jul-16 11:28:43

As far as I'm aware, Pregnacare is like the excuse the pun mother of all pregnancy vitamins.

The ones I used to take had folic acid and vitamin D in, which are the most important ones! I had to stop taking the Pregnacare after getting a really upset stomach - probably down to how many vitamins are inside them! I ended up switching Boots folic acid and vitamin D tablets.

Scarydinosaurs Tue 26-Jul-16 13:18:10

aspiring probably the iron they put in them. It also made me really bad and contributed to a flare of my ulcerative colitis with my first pregnancy. I only took folic acid with the next two babies and avoided pregnacare.

AspiringMother Tue 26-Jul-16 19:37:46

That's really interesting Scarydinosaurs, thanks for that!!

ahsan Tue 26-Jul-16 20:58:15

No you don't, unless doctor gives it to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now