Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

to give in to the tiredness?

(13 Posts)
cloudlessskies Mon 25-Jul-16 17:13:50

Hi all. I'm 6.5 weeks pg and am feeling so tired and generally groggy. I have been having long sleeps at night but then having an hour and half nap during the day. From those of you in the know - should I try to soldier through and not give in to napping or just listen to my body?

I'm on holiday now which is why I can indulge in afternoon naps, but I also usually sleep more when on hols so not sure how much of it is due to being pg or me just being lazy!

GipsyDanger Mon 25-Jul-16 17:15:06

Listen to your body, I had regular naps during the day, that was catching up on the multiple pee trips at night

ScottishSnowflake Mon 25-Jul-16 18:00:53

Hi cloudless. I'm 11+3 and still napping all the time. I work full time and so will usually grab a nap as soon as I get in as I'm shattered. Weekends is fair game for catching all the naps I can!

Wolfiefan Mon 25-Jul-16 18:03:05

You're growing a human! Of course that is hard work. Nap away!
grin

RNBrie Mon 25-Jul-16 18:04:55

Good Lord yes. Sleep as much as you can. Enjoy the naps whilst you can!!

KP86 Mon 25-Jul-16 18:08:57

Sleep, sleep, sleep! Your body is telling you that you need it.

The fatigue should go away by the end of the first trimester (until late in the third when you'll be exhausted but unable to get comfy enough to sleep anyway).

SkyLucy Mon 25-Jul-16 18:24:16

Hi cloudless - yes, sleeeeep!! I'm 10+3, work full-time and sleep every other chance I get! (Obvs I don't have any DCs!) I've lost discovered a perk...you don't get morning sickness when you sleep, hurrah!

Marshpillow Mon 25-Jul-16 18:41:44

Nap whenever you can!! Don't feel bad at all. I napped when DD did when I needed it in the first trimester, and occasionally now I'll still do it in the second trimester. Enjoy your naps!

GinIsIn Mon 25-Jul-16 18:51:02

11+5 here and I am sleeping pretty much permanently when not at work. Go for it!

Pixie2015 Mon 25-Jul-16 20:45:42

Still at 16w I love an afternoon nap roll on days off x

LBNM19 Mon 25-Jul-16 22:44:27

I'm 16 weeks and still napping in the day.

This is my 3rd and all my pregnancys have been the same I get very tired the whole way through.

Listen to your body. X

Pestilence13610 Mon 25-Jul-16 22:46:25

Sleep, it is the last chance for many a year hmm

Fadingmemory Mon 25-Jul-16 22:57:10

It is a very long time since early I was pregnant but I remember that in the early stages I fell asleep at my desk (the boss shushed my colleagues) and on one occasion dozed off in the car at a red traffic light to be woken by a policeman. In the first weeks the baby's organs are being formed and this is exhausting for your body. Just sleep when and where you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now