Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worth heading to hospital, or wait for mid wife appointment?

(10 Posts)
Joydgreen88 Mon 25-Jul-16 10:12:32

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and in the last couple of weeks struggling with dizzy spells upon standing. I put it down to low blood pressure and didn't worry me too much. Last midwife appointment my bp was absolutely fine. However, last week I had 2 spells of intense dizziness - black spots covering my vision, breaking out in a massive sweat and immediately vomiting afterwards. Once I'd been sick I felt shaky, but generally back to normal.

This morning I woke up with a spectacular headache, and my fingers are slightly swollen. Felt horribly dizzy getting out of bed, so went downstairs to have breakfast to see if I could get my blood sugar level up and feel better! Made it into the kitchen and fainted, first time I've fully lost consciousness. Should I be heading up to A&E to get checked over or can it wait a couple of days for my midwife appointment? Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them? I'm always wary of 'making a fuss' which I know is probably quite ridiculous!

SweetPea79 Mon 25-Jul-16 10:14:22

Phone NHS direct or midwife for advise, I would get checked out. Don't drive if you are blacking out though please x

CarrieLouise25 Mon 25-Jul-16 10:16:49

Please don't wait. Phone labour ward and tell them your symptoms. Good luck x

DesignedForLife Mon 25-Jul-16 10:23:26

If you're fully blacking out and your fingers are swollen I think you need to get seen ASAP by someone- phone triage and see what they say. They may well send you to A&E, but you should probably get someone else to drive you.

EreniTheFrog Mon 25-Jul-16 12:49:47

How are you now? What did you decide to do?

Joydgreen88 Mon 25-Jul-16 15:10:04

I called my gp triage, and have an appointment at 4. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about, but definitely worth getting checked over. Still got a cracking headache but possibly just the weather. Will see what the Dr says later.

skatesection Mon 25-Jul-16 15:44:40

I'm about 15 weeks and was really dizzy and headachy. It was iron deficiency. Hope everything goes ok at the docs!

AspiringMother Tue 26-Jul-16 11:54:36

Hope it goes ok for you! Getting it checked out was definitely the right thing to do!

Joydgreen88 Tue 26-Jul-16 12:15:35

Definitely low blood pressure, she took one reading laying down and one straight after standing up quickly and it dropped quite a bit. Had some bloods taken this morning to rule out anything else. Just annoying as not a lot can be done for bp!

Sophia1984 Tue 26-Jul-16 13:57:48

Eat lots of crisps! The salt helps with low blood pressure :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now