Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Giving up household chores? Semi-Lighthearted

(13 Posts)
Trulyamnearanear Sun 24-Jul-16 20:25:55

When I was changing the sheets today and cleaning the litter tray (indoor cats) I got thinking about chores it's time I pass on to my DH.
Like maybe the vacuum cleaner is too heavy for me to be pushing around, and I shouldn't be on my hands and knees scrubbing the toilet.
Anyone else giving up chores with every increasing bumps?

Afreshstartplease Sun 24-Jul-16 20:26:57

I wish sad

FlipperSkipper Sun 24-Jul-16 20:28:31

If you're doing the litter tray at least make sure you're wearing gloves, but ideally get your husband to do it.

foxessocks Sun 24-Jul-16 20:30:25

36 weeks here and I've stopped bending down to the lower bit of the dishwasher! I get my dh to do it or when he's not here I get my 2 yo to pass me stuff! Toddler is also very useful for passing me up the washing to hang on the line. It's the bending down and getting back up again I struggle with!

I don't hoover anyway that's very much dhs job I can't stand it. And definitely don't do the cat litter tray!

I guess everything else I'll just have to carry on with just with more moaning and groaning than usual smile

SeashellHoarder Sun 24-Jul-16 22:18:51

Op cat litter needs to be avoided.
So far I've told dh sweeping and mopping is bad for my back. The hoover is to heavy for me to do the stairs. I can't Carry baskets of washing, too heavy.

Amelie10 Mon 25-Jul-16 05:32:50

I agree op, you should be straining yourself. DH refuses to let me do any heavy household chores. He just does it when he gets in.

Catnoise Mon 25-Jul-16 07:21:34

DH had to basically do almost everything from about weeks 8 to 18! I felt horrendous!

Since then he has continued with the cat litter and the hoovering (I think I've done it twice) and occasional other bits.

I can't have a big clean like I usually would. In fact I've just managed to do our bathroom at 6am (couldn't sleep) and wouldn't be able to do anything else. I'm 30 weeks!

Catnoise Mon 25-Jul-16 07:22:52

Actually saying occasional other bits isn't fair! He does a lot more than occasional but I've been capable of doing more than I was at first if you see what I mean!

Northernlight22 Mon 25-Jul-16 07:45:03

I've stopped hoovering - that's DJs job now!

I did stop doing the dishwasher as it made me feel sick but I'm back on ot now but try to avoid it as the bending up and down does make me ache!

thecatsarecrazy Mon 25-Jul-16 08:45:37

My midwife told me if your cats don't come him with mice or birds etc, and your cats are obviously indoor ones then its very unlikely to do any harm. I have been doing litter tray and giving hands a good wash.

emcee56 Mon 25-Jul-16 11:13:30

I skip bed changing, hoovering, taking out the rubbish and toilet cleaning. They're hubby domain. I do the rest. Works for now... I hate hanging up washing and emptying dishwasher, but I figure it's a good bit of exercise...

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 25-Jul-16 11:25:34

I have stayed away from litter try from day one even though my lazy boys have (thankfully) never caught a thing - it's a bloody brilliant excuse to avoid that horrible job!! I gave up on laundry cooking and cleaning for the first 12 weeks as I was too bloody exhausted, mostly back to normal now..

Marshpillow Mon 25-Jul-16 11:31:24

The only thing I stopped doing towards the end last time was carrying the washing basket with wet washing in. This time I'm a SAHP so it'll probably be business as usual until the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now