Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

All day sickness

(19 Posts)
DebieS Sun 24-Jul-16 17:51:31

Ok so it's not the sickness that's bothering me, it's the nausea!!!
Please give me your tried and tested foods to help settle it. I have tried ginger but that ain't working for me at all.....

Please help me!!! confused

AbbieLexie Sun 24-Jul-16 17:56:08

Pickled onions and blue cheese helped me!

CharminglyGawky Sun 24-Jul-16 18:03:59

Anti emetics from the doctor!

Other than that, dairylea, I lived off the stuff for weeks. Before pregnancy I'm not sure if I'd had any in the last decade!

Laura05 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:12:32

I'm in the exact same boat! No sickness just nausea! I could cope with vomiting!

Going to gp on Tuesday for tablets cos I've had constant nausea for a week and struggling to function. Working as well running about after two dc doesn't help lol x

BibbidiBobbidi Sun 24-Jul-16 18:14:48

Please be careful of blue cheese smile
I've no advice, I had morning sickness from week 7 up until the day my DD was born, just wanted to say that although it's crappy now and seems never ending, it's worth it in the end

KP86 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:16:47

Eating carbs constantly. Little crackers, plain pasta, hot chips. Nibbling all day was the only thing that stopped me feeling nauseous.

Lemonwords Sun 24-Jul-16 18:18:43

This was me. I had frozen fruit smoothies and sipped on them. When I got tired trimester and was still sick all day the midwife sent me for acupuncture. Really helped.

Colabottle10 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:28:25

Absolutely nothing. I'm 36+5 and have been on various drugs since week 4 and they only thing that even touches it is Omeprazole and Cyclizine.

ScottishSnowflake Sun 24-Jul-16 18:29:56

Carbs - things like cheese and crisps, cheese sandwiches and salt and vinegar crisps. I had to graze every 2-3 hours but it kept the feelings of nausea at bay! Good luck finding something!

Dlah Sun 24-Jul-16 18:37:03

Ritz crackers, toast and on really bad days when I couldn't keep food down I had lemonade, warmed slightly with half a tea spoon of sugar to remove the fizz . . Surprisingly good

thecatsarecrazy Sun 24-Jul-16 18:54:37

You aren't meant to eat blue cheese while pregnant

thecatsarecrazy Sun 24-Jul-16 18:56:44

For me its salt and vinegar crisps those squares are best, McDonalds snack wraps, sprite and bacon rolls

KanyesVest Sun 24-Jul-16 19:04:34

For me it was polo mints and ribena. I can't bear the taste, smell or even thought of ribena now <shudder>

DebieS Sun 24-Jul-16 19:05:20

I will literally try all those things apart from blue cheese, I can't stand the stuff!!

I can't eat proper meals anymore cos too much food makes me wana barf too. So will try the grazing idea ever few hours.

Thanks guys wink

TheDuchessOfKidderminster Sun 24-Jul-16 19:19:27

Cream crackers. I wasn't actually sick all that much but the constant feeling that I was about to be sick was horrible. I started to feel better around the time of my first scan at 11 o so weeks.

TheDuchessOfKidderminster Sun 24-Jul-16 19:19:49

*or so

Tumtitum Sun 24-Jul-16 19:24:11

Staying hydrated, lots of toast and ice lollies, getting to 20 weeks helped the most then it disappeared!!

iwillbemrsminty Sun 24-Jul-16 21:37:17

Ice lollies (usually the Dr White lemonade ones) helped me get fluids down when I was struggling. Plain crisps. But I had nibble constantly. Never NEVER let yourself get even slightly hungry, it makes it a hundred times worse! In the end I had to ask for help and was prescribed Phenergan and it's helped me no end. Weaning myself off them now, nearly into week 12. Good luck smile

KayTee87 Sun 24-Jul-16 22:27:06

Sipping ice cold Diet Coke, ready salted crisps, baked potato with beans & cheese, pasta with cheese. Just anything plain really and try not to have an empty stomach. If I go for too long without food I still feel sick even now at 40+1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now