Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

(8 Posts)
babysunshine20 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:36:32

I had sex with my partner 2 days before my period was due. I then got my period which was normal. I'm currently on the pill. My last pill was yesterday. So my week break is coming up. Has anyone else got pregnant during their week break, had a normal period then found out they pregnant? Thanks.

LolaStarr Sun 24-Jul-16 17:42:20

What is making you think you could be pregnant? Are you getting symptoms? It's unlikely that you are.

DesignedForLife Sun 24-Jul-16 17:51:05

So you've been taking the pill regularly as you should? Highly unlikely IMO.

babysunshine20 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:51:26

Hi just been having alot of headaches lately but that could be due to the hot weather and i feel like i want to be sick and nothing happens. I know the risks are low getting pregnant during the week break but got me wondering

divadee Sun 24-Jul-16 18:07:21

It is highly unlikely you are pregnant but no contraceptive is 100% safe.

If you have taken your pills correctly then it is unlikely. If you have had a withdrawal bleed between your last two packets and you are just due another withdrawal bleed then again it is unlikely. The only way for certain is to do a pregnancy test but you may be wasting your money.

If you are this conscious about contraceptives not working maybe you should use a condom as well as the pill?

quencher Sun 24-Jul-16 18:11:55

It could be the pill if you have only started taking it. Read what the side effects are. Years ago I had to change mine a couple times because of the side effects being, nauseous and headache. I ended up on a completely different contraception method.

Frazzled2207 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:19:00

More likely that the pill is causing the headache. If you've been taking it regularly v unlikely you are pregnant.

babysunshine20 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:26:41

Ok thanks everyone. I've been on the pill for 16 years and i've never had any side effects from it. I probably am not pregnant. Will see if i get my period in the nxt couple of days and see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now