Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting - looking for reassurance please

(68 Posts)
ljomrs Sun 24-Jul-16 13:30:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jayfee Sun 24-Jul-16 13:39:48

So spotting often isn't anything to worry about and as you have the sickness ( vile but sign of a healthy pregnancy apparently)
and sore boobs, things are more than likely fine. So plenty of physcal rest, no sex for the time beng and try to distract yourself from worrying. Good luck.

UnicornPee Sun 24-Jul-16 14:02:19

I too had a miscarriage (in May)
I got pregnant late June and I'm now nearly 6 weeks.
At bang on 4 weeks I had weird blood but it only lasted one day (whereas the miscarriage was loads of blood and clots followed by a week of bleeding)
I assume this blood was just the implantation bleeding or my womb getting rid of crap.
I am on edge every day whenever I go to the toilet incase I find blood again, can't wait to get to 12 weeks, hope I do.
My only symptoms are extreme tiredness and sensitive nipples.

Good luck to you and try not to worry about it. Keep yourself busy.

ljomrs Sun 24-Jul-16 14:02:50

ljomrs Sun 24-Jul-16 14:04:59

Marmitelover55 Sun 24-Jul-16 14:08:31

I had two miscarriages followed by two normal pregnancies. I had spotting with all 4 so don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Try not to worry - easier said than done I know. I hope it all works out ok.

ljomrs Sun 24-Jul-16 15:05:20

PhoebeGeebee Sun 24-Jul-16 15:52:46

Have you had any more bleeding since last night?

I had bright red spotting at 5 weeks. Called EPU to be told if I wasn't experiencing painful cramps or heavy bleeding, just to see how it goes. However, if you're more than 6 weeks then I think it's a bit bad of them not to scan you. Maybe call back tomorrow and see if you get a different answer.

Everything crossed for you.

ljomrs Sun 24-Jul-16 16:03:43

carebear841 Sun 24-Jul-16 17:43:33

I had spotting between 4-8 weeks on and off then throughout pregnancy. 37 weeks now and baby appears to all be fine. They diagnosed a cervical ectropian at 24 weeks so since then I've worried less. Not a nice thing to happen especially with previous miscarriage but it can be absolutely fine. Have been quite open about the bleeding I've had and I've found that most of my friends had some kind of spotting in early stages - definitely more than I expected to hear. Keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

ljomrs Sun 24-Jul-16 21:39:55

carebear841 Sun 24-Jul-16 23:30:53

I went into epu at 5 1/2 weeks and was scanned because of on/ off spotting, only reassuring thing at time. It at least put my mind at rest that wasn't ectopic even if I didn't feel secure for much longer in pregnancy.can you call them again tomorrow? Sounds like epu works differently in different places which isn't great. As for pregnancy symptoms, I had nothing- no sore boobs, no sickness - for quite a while. Maybe bloating but not sure that's a symptom! Fingers firmly crossed.

ljomrs Sun 24-Jul-16 23:46:06

eastcoastmum2014 Mon 25-Jul-16 08:55:11

I had brown spotting at 8 and 9 weeks with my first, I never found out why but my cheeky little 1 year old is proof that brown spotting isnt always something to worry about!! You could always go into a&e and say you are spotting- they might send you up to epu for a quick scan just to reassure you? Xx

kirinm Mon 25-Jul-16 10:10:37

I would recommend forcing the EPU to see you. I would tell them that you have one sided pain if you do have it. Do they know you've had a previous miscarriage?

I know this isn't what you want to hear but all of my miscarriages started with spotting except my missed miscarriage which started with my symptoms disappearing at week 10.

Don't be brushed off by the EPU. Make sure they understand how freaked out you are. I think you should rule out anything like an ectopic just to be on the safe side.

ljomrs Mon 25-Jul-16 18:52:47

UnicornPee Mon 25-Jul-16 19:45:28

I'm glad things are better for you smile
Yes mine was red blood when miscarrying. Brown first but quickly to red.
I'll never forget as I was in the toilets of an Italian restaurant with all of my work colleagues for a leaving doo. I couldn't tell anyone what was happening.
Good luck for the next few weeks. I am 6 weeks tomorrow xx

RolyHan Mon 25-Jul-16 19:50:04

Hey, I experienced similar symptoms early in my pregnancy too (I'm currently 38 weeks). I had bad cramps, and bleeding around 7 weeks. Not a lot of bleeding, and it varied between brown and watery, brown and bit-y (like you described) and bright red. It probably happened about three times up to around 16 weeks, and hasn't happened since.

The first time it happened I was visiting family in a different part of the country to where I live. I called the EPU and they told me to go to A&E, who referred me for a scan straight away, so I find it very strange that they won't see you. I don't think bleeding is a definite sign that something's going wrong (especially if it isn't bright red) but there's no way to know for certain unless you have a scan so I agree that it might be worth pushing them for one if you have any more spotting.

Best of luck! Will be thinking of you.

Xx

carebear841 Mon 25-Jul-16 19:58:15

I'm glad all seems to be better today! I would still push for epu to see you as pp said, it doesn't seem like good practice to not see you. Whenever I had spotting they were really good even so early on. Take care xx

AliceInHinterland Mon 25-Jul-16 20:11:26

Both pregnancies (successful) all of my symptoms came and went, and I had spotting at about 8 weeks. First time I got a GP appt and the doctor referred me to EPU. Second time I was less worried but booked a private scan for reassurance. I think both times some of the spotting was bright red and went on for several days on and off. So although I can't reassure you that you're definitely not suffering a mc it could just as easily be a healthy pregnancy.
Best of luck, get yourself some reassurance one way or another as PPs have suggested x

ljomrs Mon 25-Jul-16 20:45:01

AliceInHinterland Mon 25-Jul-16 21:02:38

It's so hard trying to second guess every symptom when most pregnancies are just one weird symptom after the other. I hope you don't meet too much resistance trying to get a scan sorted, I'm sure the advice above about making sure you don't downplay your symptoms is good advice.

ljomrs Mon 25-Jul-16 21:25:45

AliceInHinterland Mon 25-Jul-16 21:35:59

Yep, it was for me with a brief respite after the 20 week scan. I think it's the same for lots of us, but I do always tell pregnant women to try to enjoy it too (easier said than done).

carebear841 Mon 25-Jul-16 21:43:04

I was a wreck when the early spotting happened between week 4-7/8 and I had a gap between scans (one at 5 and a half weeks, one at 8 weeks) due to Christmas and planned visits to family, and it was the most stressful time. looking back I should have gone in again. I know they couldn't have given me any definite outcomes but not knowing and waiting is horrid. But like many pps have said before, spotting happens in successful pregnancies and it's okay. Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now