Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this really happening AGAIN? (Cervical ectropion)

(7 Posts)
summeraupair Sat 23-Jul-16 07:19:58

So I'm 27 weeks pregnant, and have been in hospital at approximately 6 weeks, 11 weeks, 15 weeks and 23 weeks with various degrees of spotting. Every time it's been put down to the sizeable ectropion on my cervix and I've been told it's nothing serious but come back if I'm worried.

Now I've had more spotting for the past four days, it's mostly pinkish red, with a little gush when I go for a wee first thing in the morning, then the occasional spot through the day. Not had any sex to irritate anything, and can still feel the baby moving around, even with the anterior placenta getting in the way.

Should I ring the maternity unit yet again? I know they'll tell me to come in, I'll sit in the waiting room for a couple of hours, have another bloody 14 year old doctor stick his hand up my bits and declare "It's an ectropion!", then get sent home again. I'm more worried this time because it's been a few days, it's always stopped after two-ish before.

I'm going to have to ring them aren't I? I just feel like I'm wasting their time and they're going to see my name pop up and go 'oh it's her with the ectropion, drama queen, let's get the big fanny torch again.'

Poptart27 Sat 23-Jul-16 07:37:46

Go. Better safe than sorry. Are you under a consultant?

Afreshstartplease Sat 23-Jul-16 07:38:27

I'd get checked just because, well if you didn't and it was something more serious how would you feel!

Hope all is OK

Northernlight22 Sat 23-Jul-16 08:50:41

Definitely go - I've had similar (to a lesser extent) and although it's a pain to go in for hours, at least you'll know all is ok with baby.

Northernlight22 Sat 23-Jul-16 08:51:56

I ended up in 2 days apart and definitely didn't get made to feel like a drama queen - the second time I was ringing and asking if I needed to bother coming in as I didn't want to waste time but they reassured me that I should have it checked each time

summeraupair Sat 23-Jul-16 11:58:29

Thank you everyone for the kick up the bum, I'm on my way in now after speaking to one of the lovely midwives at the unit. Better to be safe than sorry!

Poptart27 I'm not under a consultant, though I was assessed for one because of my dodgy thyroid. Do you think it'd be worth suggesting it again with all this bleeding business going on? It's something I was considering asking when my usual midwife didn't actually know what a cervical ectropion actually was...

Poptart27 Sat 23-Jul-16 23:15:43

Yes I would 100% be pushing for it!

Keep us updated on what they say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now