Talk

Advanced search

3D 4D scan

(14 Posts)
MakiJ Fri 22-Jul-16 22:52:40

Hi all smile has anyone done the 3/4D scan? grin please let me know your experience flowers

planeymcplaneface Fri 22-Jul-16 22:56:05

Had a 4d gender scan when pregnant with ds and it was incredible. The sonographer got this image just after she told me he was a boy 😍. His wee button nose is just as cute then as it is now at 1 lol

Poppiesway Fri 22-Jul-16 22:57:35

As a sonographer who works both privately and for the NHS.. I wouldn't pay for one to be done myself. Unless your babies just at the right gestational age and in the perfect position at the time of your scan then you'll end up feeling disappointed. Some times you'll get a good picture of the face but with legs, arms and placentas in the way it's all obscured..
4D HD is a new thing and oh dear it's a nightmare.. They just look like lumps of marshmallow..
Plus to be honest they all look relatively the same anyway..

sugarplumfairy2010 Fri 22-Jul-16 23:05:11

I had one done with my daughter and will have one with the next one if i manage to get pregnant again. We could see she qas going to have chubby cheeks beforw she was born.x

FuzzyOwl Fri 22-Jul-16 23:07:31

Yes and despite what Poppies said they can be a great experience. NHS scans are often rushed and functional whereas private ones are much more relaxed and you can bring along several members of your family or friends to enjoy the moment with you. If you just have a 12 and 20 week scan due to a low risk pregnancy, it can be a long time to then wait to next see your baby and having a 4D one around 28 weeks can be a great experience. Usually with private scans if the baby is in a bad position, you will be given a free rescan anyway.

MooseAndSquirrel Fri 22-Jul-16 23:18:47

I had one of DD1 at 27wks and it was amazing - really clear pictures.
DD2 on the other hand didn't play ball and even then refused to stay still for a picture should of given me the heads up on what a wilful little thong she was going to be!
so for the right baby its a wonderful experience, you see baby and get some fab pictures, but different baby or even just a different day and its a waste of money when you don't really see baby apart from a failing arm and your pictures aren't any clearer than the 2D ones!

MooseAndSquirrel Fri 22-Jul-16 23:19:23

Thing**
Not thong....my phone is odd

MakiJ Sat 23-Jul-16 10:34:19

Great, thank you! smileflowers

Dueindecember2016 Sun 24-Jul-16 11:31:56

I went for a private gender scan and after we were told we had a glimpse of 3d. We didn't like it and told them that we prefer the traditional 2d scans but they still tried to push the 3d scans for later in pregnancy. It had really put me off going for a private scan later in pregnancy now.

Each to their own, but I'm glad we had a gender only scan.

UnicornPee Sun 24-Jul-16 14:04:42

How much do these usually cost and how long are you there for?

FuzzyOwl Sun 24-Jul-16 15:00:07

It all depends Unicorn. When you book you can see how long the appointment is for and the prices vary accordingly. You can get quick scans that are cheaper, or longer ones that are more expensive and generally more detailed.

Dueindecember2016 Sun 24-Jul-16 15:50:11

My gender scan was £55 and we got photos, a USB stick of pictures and some new born socks.

There were loads of packages up to £150 and lots of add ons too like heartbeat bears key rings etc

planeymcplaneface Sun 24-Jul-16 19:10:59

I was £99 for mine from babyscanning. I got 4 a4 scan pics of my scan and a cd of all images and a dvd too

Seekingmiracles Sun 24-Jul-16 21:00:53

They don't look anything like what the baby ends up looking like. All of them I've seen just look the same and a bit weird ... I'm not paying for that. I'll just wait until she's here smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now