Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP 11dpo!

(3 Posts)
summerskittles91 Fri 22-Jul-16 09:47:09

So I got my BFP this am..
About 2/3 months ago i had a MC/Chemical pregnancy.

I'm really happy but also worried that I shouldn't have tested early.

Just looking for some reassurance really.

missybct Fri 22-Jul-16 10:11:49

I'm sorry to hear about your mc/chem earlier in the year.

I had the same - I tested ridiculously early and got my BFP so early it barely showed up on first couple of tests.

All I can say is that you have to take one day at a time. Try not to test too much, I'd say from this point onwards if you feel you need to (and I'd understand why), perhaps only test every 3 days. Stick to one test if you do (as in one brand) and CB Digi is notoriously sketchy when it comes to giving you accuracy on the weeks predictor, so my advice (from experience) would be to leave it until you are confident you are around 4-5 weeks pregnant. I even got "Not Pregnant" on them after 16DPO, only for it suddenly to kick in to 2-3 weeks the next day.

There becomes a point where testing will not be helpful for you - and as clinical as it sounds - I had to tell myself that whatever will happen, will happen no matter what I do. If you've been TTC-ing, chances are you're doing everything you possibly can to get and keep your pregnancy, so from that point of view, try to relax as much as you can and let nature take its course.

summerskittles91 Fri 22-Jul-16 11:26:39

Thank you missybct

I guess I need to remain and positive - and you're right what ever happens will happen regardless.

I've only told DP so far. I don't think I'm ready to share it with anyone else just yet. AF is due is Monday so I think I'll wait until then atleast and maybe take a digital test on Tuesday.

Thank you for your words.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now