Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Burning bump

(6 Posts)
Moonrocks6 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:00:51

I have a burning patch at the top of my bump. It is so uncomfortable and will suddenly start to hurt, almost like a scold. There seems to be some slightly raised bumps there too.

I've tried moiseturising it loads, sudocrem and aftersun but nothing has made much difference.

I saw a stand in midwife the other day and mentioned it. She was very businesslike and said there was nothing to worry about. I wasn't worrying but would like it to stop bloody stinging.
Does anyone have any ideas? What might it be/ how to stop it?
Thanks

mineofuselessinformation Thu 21-Jul-16 22:09:49

A cold flannel?
I think it sounds like it's all a bit stretched and sensitive there(?)

hugoagogo Thu 21-Jul-16 22:12:47

How many weeks are you?

Moonrocks6 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:15:07

Thanks for your reply. I think your right.
I will give flannel a go, it's more of a problem when it suddenly starts in the middle of the day when I'm at work.

Moonrocks6 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:15:24

32 wks.

Marshpillow Fri 22-Jul-16 18:47:37

I had this last time, it could be rib flare. Very uncomfortable and painful! It stopped once my bump dropped. It's fairly common but there's not really anything that can be done about it, as far as I know! Sorry you're going through it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now