Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low heart rate, please help

(3 Posts)
Lizziedoll Thu 21-Jul-16 14:10:32

I am unsure how far gone I am, I think around 5-6 weeks. I had a scan 6 days ago which showed no fetus but the sac. Today I had another scan which showed a fetus which had a heart rate of only 81bpm. The lady said it didn't look good and to prepare myself for a miscarriage. However I'm not cramping, bleeding or spotting nor have I been at all throughout. I need to go back in a week to see if it's increased. Does anyone know if I can still feel hopeful. Me and my partner have been in tears all day and are completely devastated. Thank you

LondonGirl83 Thu 21-Jul-16 15:16:36

I'm sorry to hear you've had some stressful news. The prognosis really depends on how far along you are but I do hope it works out for you.

If you are less than 6 weeks 3 days the miscarriage risk is 64% with a heart rate between 80-89. I hope things improve when you get re-scanned next week and try to be kind to yourself and take it easy.

expectingscience.com/2015/08/26/lies-damned-lies-and-miscarriage-statistics/

Lizziedoll Thu 21-Jul-16 20:00:34

Thank you, I have had bleeding today so I believe I may be miscarrying. I am absolutely devastated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now