Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"I need rest as placenta stated below". Can anyone interpret?

(5 Posts)
Peasandsweetcorn Wed 20-Jul-16 21:09:27

We have an amazing cleaner whose English isn't great. She is about 22 - 24 weeks pregnant & has just told me the above. I tried asking more about it to find out what condition it was but that was all she seemed able to explain in English.
She has told me she can't come tomorrow because of this condition but seems to think she'll be back next week as usual. Will she be? Amongst my friends, I only recall one having placenta problems and she was pretty much bed bound.
I am worried she may work when she shouldn't because she needs the money being self employed. Selfishly, I am also worried how we will cope without her for 6+ months as she does many housekeeping duties as well as the actual cleaning.
Any advice would be appreciated as then I can try & work out how best to approach it.
Thanks

Diddlydokey Wed 20-Jul-16 21:12:51

www.nct.org.uk/pregnancy/low-lying-placenta

DropZoneOne Wed 20-Jul-16 21:15:09

Can't remember the term, but is it where the placenta is too low covering the cervix? Most often picked up at 20 week scan but usually moves of own accord? I had it, all was fine when scanned again at 30 weeks, but certainly wasn't told to rest!

Maybe she's just too bloody hot in this weather and thought this was a good excuse to use for a few days?

Peasandsweetcorn Wed 20-Jul-16 21:20:50

Thank you! I think that that may well be it. I am pleased to read it isn't too serious as this is a much longed for baby.
DropZone - I was trying to compose a text saying she didn't come in again this week due to the heat but could if she wanted to/needed the money but was struggling with something which was written in simple enough language.

Out2pasture Wed 20-Jul-16 21:30:30

i too would guess it is a low lying placenta. maybe she can't come because of an extra scan or other consult. but will be able to resume her routine soon. otherwise it takes several weeks for the placenta to "move". depending on how low it is she may have restrictions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now