Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks and so bloated

(21 Posts)
wineapotamus Wed 20-Jul-16 08:15:42

I feel dreadful! I'm only 6 + 2 but my tummy is so bloated and uncomfortable. I think I must look about 4 months! And tips for what to eat to reduce this? At the moment I feel quite sicky if I don't eat pretty regularly. Crackers and Pom bears are my best friends!

peripateticparents Wed 20-Jul-16 08:19:30

Have you got DC already? I found subsequent pregnancies I showed immediately. I had a friend ask me if I was pregnant at only 6 weeks. She wasn't the type to probe. She must have been pretty sure. I slowed down on the growth after the initial bloat tho.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Wed 20-Jul-16 08:20:26

The bloating will pass. It's not the nicest stage. Eat what you can to control the nausea - little amounts and often. Drink lots and lots of water too if you can

MrsStavrum Wed 20-Jul-16 11:53:37

I am 7weeks + 3 and I have this exact problem. My boobs have also grown loads (they were not small to begin with)!
I am going to a wedding when I am 14 weeks and I tried the dress I wanted to wear the other day and it already wont do up round my chest! Seems a bit extreme to get maternity clothes so early but already struggling.
No advice I am afraid, I just feel your pain.

wineapotamus Wed 20-Jul-16 14:54:35

Thanks all. Hoping it goes down soon...!

ThePartyArtist Thu 21-Jul-16 10:53:56

I am having the same problem, was about to post about it too. I am 7 weeks tomorrow and finding quite a few of my clothes don't fit. I am getting paranoid that people at work will notice. Also worried about fitting into a bridesmaid dress in a month - I'll have to wear those sucky in pants, although DH is worried this could harm the baby. I don't think it can, but am I right?

Any tips on things I can wear to hide the bloat?

SeashellHoarder Thu 21-Jul-16 12:27:17

My top tip is rye bread instead of normal, avoid all wheat. It made me so bloated and uncomfortable.

LetMeBakeCake Thu 21-Jul-16 13:45:51

I had this so bad! I resorted to Wind-Eze gel capsules - they are safe in pregnancy and did help

Stacestoke Thu 21-Jul-16 16:23:00

I have the same problem (I think I am about 6 weeks but not sure as my periods are not regular and not seen midwife yet). So bloated and I feel full really quickly when eating but then am hungry an hour later! I feel like a football! Glad it's not just me having this problem. I am also contemplating getting maternity clothes already as I am struggling to fit into my normal size 14s sad

Gardencentregroupie Thu 21-Jul-16 16:27:24

I'm as bloated as fuck. My work uniform features trousers with a high tight waistband and I only just get them done up with pulling and straining at 5 weeks, even though 2 weeks previously they were loose on me blush My nicest jeans are all high waist skinnies, can't wear them. I'm flitting between a jersey maxi skirt, some harem style trousers, and a couple of pairs of shirts I had been about to send to the charity shop because they were falling-off big at the start of July.

missybct Thu 21-Jul-16 16:30:45

Ah, the bloat. I don't miss it (it comes back in the third trimester). I don't have a whole host of remedies, just know it's normal I guess? Oh, and don't get worried if by week 8-10 or so the bloat disappears and you feel like you've lost weight - I remember panicking and feeling like I'd "lost" my bump, stupidly I never had a bump in the first place (I was only 10 weeks!) and was all bloat!

wineapotamus Fri 22-Jul-16 06:55:23

Hello yoga pants my old friend...
It's ridiculous, isn't it? I feel like the size of a freaking house! There's a good dress in h and m at the moment I've been living in, a tee shirt type, that is covering up some of it. Jeans are on my naughty list already. And still 6 weeks to my bloody scan!

possum18 Fri 22-Jul-16 07:00:15

I had this last year when I was 5 weeks, I now have 15 week old twins winkgrin

wineapotamus Fri 22-Jul-16 07:13:34

shock

possum18 Fri 22-Jul-16 07:17:48

Oh no although true that was meant very light heartedly! Your body is just preparing to make the comfiest and safest little home for your baby, baby needs lots of room to grow - embrace it.

SunCrusHH Fri 22-Jul-16 08:13:11

Ah the bloat. I'm 14 + 3 and I'm slimmer now than I was at 6 weeks. It will go down. Lots of water, exercise, fresh veg and meat. Ditch the bread and pasta and carbs as much as you can. You will get through it!

wineapotamus Fri 22-Jul-16 09:56:16

possum I know you're right! I'm pleased with it really, I know it means there's definitely something going on. It all feels a bit unreal at this stage. I'm going to drink plenty of water and try and eat less pasta. Yes I am. Yes. *walks past ds' pom best cupboard
*narrows eyes

wineapotamus Fri 22-Jul-16 09:57:03

Pom bear. Not Pom best. Although having said that...

possum18 Fri 22-Jul-16 16:45:14

Your new baby is very lucky indeed to be born into a house with a whole cupboard for Pom bears shock--c----an I move in ?--

wineapotamus Fri 22-Jul-16 17:22:36

The snack cupboard. It's the best one in the house.

ItsMagicYouKnow Fri 22-Jul-16 17:26:24

Yup, 6+3 here and look at least 4 months (well, how I was with DS). Definitely showing and making it uncomfortable to tummy sleep, which I did well into the 2nd trimester with DS until he started kicking up a fuss in there. Plus, the Coke addiction doesn't help...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now