Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scared I'm miscarrying, advice please

(22 Posts)
dreamingaboutcheese Tue 19-Jul-16 23:19:07

I'm 6 weeks 4 and have been bleeding lightly all day, went for an early scan and they said there was a small sack but no yolk that could be seen. Am I miscarrying or is there any chance of a positive outcome here from your experience? I've not got tummy cramps but am really bloated. So scared it's all over so soon. Is there anything I can do?

pieceofpurplesky Tue 19-Jul-16 23:29:25

Didn't want to read and run. When did you have your scan? Maybe you should phone 111 flowers

dreamingaboutcheese Wed 20-Jul-16 09:33:17

They've told me to wait until the pain or blood gets worse so I'm just stuck in limbo with period like cramps and slow bleeding. I guess that's that then. sad thanks for responding purplesky x

MrsStavrum Wed 20-Jul-16 11:56:10

I went through bleeding with my last pregnancy which ended with miscarriage at around 9 weeks. I don't have any advice I am afraid but sending you a big hug as I know how awful the waiting is. It's like some horrible torture. I hope you find out either way soon as being in limbo is awful

dreamingaboutcheese Wed 20-Jul-16 12:51:34

Thanks MrsStavrum.

pieceofpurplesky Wed 20-Jul-16 20:18:26

How ate you OP?

pieceofpurplesky Wed 20-Jul-16 20:18:40

*are

dreamingaboutcheese Wed 20-Jul-16 21:07:01

Sad. Scared. Still no idea if it's over or not. I've just been bleeding slowly all day again with light tummy cramps. I know it's likely I'm losing the baby but a little bit of me is still hoping we make it through this. Is that silly?

pieceofpurplesky Wed 20-Jul-16 21:15:24

Not at all. I was the same. The waiting game was the worst bit. Do you have people with you?

LottieL Wed 20-Jul-16 21:17:27

Of course it's not silly. Hope is often all we have in instances such as this, and I know - I miscarried in April.
Please be kind to yourself, that's all I can really say. I'm sorry you are suffering. Keep talking, as much as you need and take your time.
Lots of love and thoughts to you xx

poaspcos Wed 20-Jul-16 21:22:20

I bled early in my last pregnancy in similar situations - he's now nearly 4. I don't think there's any way to tell but time - it can all be ok.

Any way you could be less further along than you thought?

Smitten1981 Wed 20-Jul-16 21:30:12

I've just had this this week, I was 5 weeks. I had cramps (not really, really painful) and then got period-like bleeding. It sucks. There's nothing that can be done at this early stage though unfortunately. sad

dreamingaboutcheese Wed 20-Jul-16 21:31:24

Thanks guys. My hubby's here. He's not a big talker though ;) I'm hoping maybe I've got my dates wrong but I was using the clearblue sticks to track ovulation so not sure I can be. As you say, I've just got to wait and see I guess. Nothing is currently getting worse or better.

dreamingaboutcheese Wed 20-Jul-16 21:33:47

Hope you're doing on LottieL, sorry for your loss. And you too Smitten, hope you're feeling better. How long did it last if you don't mind me asking?

Smitten1981 Wed 20-Jul-16 21:34:25

Have you done another pregnancy test? Mine's turned negative now, it was positive on Friday. I was very scared of what might happen but I'm four days on now from when the bleeding starting and it hasn't been too bad. I hope I'm over the worst.

Smitten1981 Wed 20-Jul-16 21:36:18

It kind of keeps stopping and starting, it was very very light on Saturday and Sunday, but I had cramps then heavier Monday and yesterday and now it's turned brown, but no cramps since Sunday. So still going but hopefully tailing off.

dreamingaboutcheese Wed 20-Jul-16 21:40:31

I thought about doing one but am too scared too. I'm so sorry for you too. This sucks. I know it probably means there was something wrong but I just really really wanted this baby. Gutted.

Lovemylittlebears Wed 20-Jul-16 21:44:32

You could go to a private clinic for a beta hcg blood test and the one 48 hours later if your hospital isn't doing that for you. I did with my miscarriages coz I found the not knowing harder than knowing and grieving. fingers crossed for you x

Smitten1981 Wed 20-Jul-16 21:44:34

You might be ok, some people do bleed early on. I've got a two year old and just knew something wasn't right when I got the positive test as I had no period-type pains when I was pregnant last time and something just didn't feel right to me. Next time, hopefully, for both of us...

Marthacliffscumbag Wed 20-Jul-16 21:46:29

I bled early on with my first baby followed by two big heavy gushing bleeds at 13 and 20 weeks for which I was hospitalised. He's now a strapping 8 year old. I don't think a lot of women realise how common bleeding in pregnancy is, we are taught that it's the end of the pregnancy but that's not always true.
In my case I had no diagnosis, nothing was wrong with me or the baby, no condition or placenta problems etc, just a lot of Drs stood round the bed shrugging their shoulders!

dreamingaboutcheese Wed 20-Jul-16 21:57:06

Thanks guys. Your stories really help. I also have a 2 yr old so I'm already really lucky. I just didn't have any of this with my first pregnancy and the EPU said I only had a slim chance of keeping it. That's a good idea about going private, I may give them a call tomorrow if nothing has changed.

LottieL Thu 21-Jul-16 07:18:18

Nip to A&E if all else fails, they will take bloods and refer you to the EPU. At least then you will know. I hope it all turns out ok for you 🙂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now