We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Have I bought too many clothes?

(20 Posts)
Sweetheartyparty76 Tue 19-Jul-16 21:04:39

Hi,
What do you think of my collection so far? I have picked up bits and bobs when I came across sales and I hadn't realised how much I have bought until I've wrote if down and I'm pretty shocked of how much I have accumulated. There is still time to take some things back if I need to.
0-1month
Sleep suits x 9
Leggings x 1
T-shirt vest x 1
Cardigan x 1
0-3months
Sleep suits x 12
Pyjamas x 1
Jumper x 1
Leggings x 1
Cardigans x 3
T-shirt vest x 1
Rompers x 2
Hats x 4
Also, how many vests will I need for each stage?
Thanks for you advice x

Sweetheartyparty76 Tue 19-Jul-16 21:10:14

If it's relevant, our daughter is due on 30th October x

MrsJoeyMaynard Tue 19-Jul-16 21:20:20

Did you get any bodysuits? I found the ones with poppers at the bottom really useful.
I didn't bother with pyjamas until mine were over a year old, before then we just kept them in sleepsuits for bed.

I'd also keep the volume of clothes down until baby arrives and you know how big she is though.

WordGetsAround Tue 19-Jul-16 21:22:38

Looks okay, but I would buy a multipack of sleeveless vests to layer up under the sleep suits too.

WordGetsAround Tue 19-Jul-16 21:23:23

I assume the sleep suits are body suits? Mine wore these all day every day for 6 months.

WutheringTights Tue 19-Jul-16 21:25:50

Sleep suits look about right. Might need a few more cardigans though. If you have a sicky baby and/ or breastfeed you could get through 2-3 complete outfits a day. On the other hand, my first could wear a baby grow for a couple of days before it needed changing. Depends on what you end up with really.

You should also know that there's no way of knowing how big the baby will be. My first was swamped by 0-1 month clothes. We ended up running out for newborn baby grows when he was a few days old. My second never wore newborn size and was out of the 0-1 month clothes in a couple of weeks.

Pixie2015 Tue 19-Jul-16 21:26:49

Sound the perfect amount with my first had to send Hubbie out on emergency run to M&S for extra sleep suits x

Ditsy4 Tue 19-Jul-16 21:31:24

Seems about right. First baby I had about four baby gros and four nighties. It wasn't enough. Lots of people wool.

Artandco Tue 19-Jul-16 21:32:50

Sleepsuits are perfect for sleeping, so you don't really need pyjamas also

peaceloveandtwirlywoos Tue 19-Jul-16 21:33:26

There's a very big jump in size from 0-1 and 0-3. You might need a few newborn sized vests and sleepsuits.

Sweetheartyparty76 Tue 19-Jul-16 21:36:48

Thank you, its all so overwhelming first time around. Yes I think body suits are sleep suits; they all have poppers and covered feet. I was thinking of buying perhaps 10 vests for each stage and a couple of cardis.
I wish I could have a crystal ball to see how big she will be x

Normandy144 Tue 19-Jul-16 21:40:49

I would also agree with those who say don't bother with PJs. Just use sleepsuits. I didn't switch to pjs until I had walkers. Mine lived in sleepsuits for months and in warmer weather just in a vest with popper fastenings at the bottom. So for that reason I wouldn't bother with leggings or tshirts either. Also don't forget you will get plenty of 'outfits' as gifts, so more than enough opportunity to dress them up if you can be bothered!!

MrsJoeyMaynard Tue 19-Jul-16 21:46:46

I thought the bodysuits are the ones without legs? Like a vest that fasteners under the nappy? Or are those normally called babygros?

Whereas the sleep suits have legs and covered feet.

SaltySeaBird Tue 19-Jul-16 22:02:20

It sounds like a lot to me! I over brought for my now 3mo and I didn't buy that much! Don't forget you will get given a lot of stuff too.

Plus I found some styles didn't suit my children and I ended up favouring certain suits. Neither of mine have been sicky or pooing types though so can wear an outfit for a couple of days.

GruffaloPants Sun 24-Jul-16 00:24:04

You are likely to need newborn vests, sleepsuits and a cardigan or two.

DD was 8lb10oz and 0-1 was too big for her.

Whatsername17 Sun 24-Jul-16 08:32:22

Vests, sleepsuits and cardigans, and plenty of them, is the key! With my dd, I bought about 10 neutral sleeps it's and then people bought things when she was born and we found out she was a girl. People spent crazy amounts of money on beautiful outfits that she never wore. Pretty dresses etc. They look nice but aren't practical. Dd wore sleeps it's day and night until she was about 3 months. Then I preferred dungaree style outfits that were soft and didn't have a waistband x

Dueindecember2016 Sun 24-Jul-16 09:48:56

I say the choice is yours! It's your child, you buy what you like. The excitement of over buying (like I am) is hard to avoid. We've bought lots of practical body suits and vests to layer up under gro bags, clothes and suits but we have bought outfits too. Boots sale has been my best find by miles!

Afreshstartplease Sun 24-Jul-16 18:17:10

I'm expecting DC4 in October

I have bought

6 up-to one month sleep suits

14 vests 0-3 months
14 sleep suits 0-3 months
12 all in one / soft dungaree style outfits 0-3 months
One star wrap 0-4 months
4 cardigans 0-3 months

My last baby was 8.6 and barely fit in up-to one month, I'm not buying any newborn and keeping tags on all up-to one month stuff

PotteringAlong Sun 24-Jul-16 18:20:49

Far too many. People will buy you stuff and you will have more than you know what to do with. Keep the receipts and don't take them out if the packets so you can return what you need to.

Afreshstartplease Sun 24-Jul-16 18:24:54

From past experience lots of people will give us vouchers instead of clothes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now