Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Last appointment before c-section!

(2 Posts)
Marquand Mon 18-Jul-16 15:43:49

Today I had my last appointment before my c-section, scheduled on the 28th. At 43, I'm a high risk, geriatric, 3rd time mother.

I had struggled with sinusitis, bronchitis, and a very bad UTI in the past 3 months, and had 4 courses of antibiotics. Today my urine was clear for the first time, and my BP (at second reading) was textbook, after being borderline for 2 months. (It looked bad when I was sitting up).

Baby boy is looking good, weighing 3.1kg (approximately, of course), and the plasenta and water are both in good shape.

The doctor said that I needed to monitor my BP, and contact her if it went outside the normal parameters, but otherwise (unless baby decides to arrive earlier than planned), and barring an emergency, I will not need to see her until next week Thursday when baby will be born at 38+4.

Happiness!

KayTee87 Mon 18-Jul-16 15:46:24

Brilliant and how exciting!! I'm expecting my first - EDD 23rd so getting near now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now