Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Loss of appetite

(4 Posts)
Lotties9 Mon 18-Jul-16 14:31:40

Hello! I'm 10 weeks pregnant and although not feeling sick anymore, have completely lost my appetite. I find it really hard to think of something I want to eat and when I do, it usually has to be covered in cheese smile I've completely gone off sugar in all forms (even hard to stomach Rich Tea for the morning sickness a few weeks ago). I used to love healthy food, fruit and veg but I've completely gone off that. I have to sneak vegetables into my meals and usually cover them in Cheddar (cheese is one thing I can still handle). I'm still eating regularly because hunger still strikes at regular intervals, but I never really fancy anything so just force something carby and cheesy down.

This is my first pregnancy and I was fully expecting my appetite to hit the roof! Anyone else had this experience, and will it come back??? Also, has anyone's tastes permanently changed after being preggers?

LynseyH5 Mon 18-Jul-16 16:04:03

What your describing is totally normal, I'm having the same problem. Although I'm still feeling a little rough too. I found a bolognaise with cheese was a great meal that left me feeling satisfied and lifted the nausea a bit. I literally wonder round the shop picking up anything at all that looks vaguely appetising!
The good news is, it should get much easier as you go along. All the things that you've not been able to eat should start to become appealing again too.
The night before my youngest was born, I ate everything is sight! Now I'm 10 wks along and waiting for this bit to pass so I can eat abit healthier too x

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 18-Jul-16 16:06:34

I love the idea of hiding veg in your own food; have you ever managed to trick yourself?!

I lost my appetite too, just wandered round the shops til I saw something I felt like or ate a lot of plain pasta..

DoubleCarrick Mon 18-Jul-16 16:20:05

I've completely lost my apetite too. I'm 16 weeks and am not even really eating regular meals. I actually weigh less than I did before I was pregnant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now