Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice on a move when pregnant

(6 Posts)
flairyfairy Sun 17-Jul-16 12:24:25

Hi, I'm a newbie on the site. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and we're planning (started pre pregnancy) to relocate in late September.

Does anyone have any advice on swapping GPs and midwife mid pregnancy? I know little about my new area and because we're moving to a new build I don't even have a postcode to search with!

We're moving to Newbury - if anyone has info on maternity services in the area, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Boomies Sun 17-Jul-16 12:39:18

How exciting a move and a baby congratulations! Your current community midwife should be able to transfer your care to their colleagues in your new area once you have an address and potential GP sorted. The new midwife will then be able to advise you on your options in that area. Good luck!

flairyfairy Tue 19-Jul-16 16:55:50

Thanks for the advice. It's all really up in the air at the moment and I don't do too well with that!

TheCrumpettyTree Tue 19-Jul-16 18:04:19

I moved when heavily pregnant. I registered at the nearest GP, saw someone straight away and obviously explained everything. They referred to the midwives straight away and I saw one three days later. It was so easy. Much easier than I'd anticipated.

flairyfairy Wed 20-Jul-16 10:15:09

Oh that's a relief, thank you.

welshweasel Wed 20-Jul-16 10:17:56

I moved at 13 weeks. I registered with a new GP straight away and got a midwife appointment fairly quickly and there was no issue with booking my 20 week scan in time. It was a bit tedious having to go through all the booking appointment stuff again but no big deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now