Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

overdue and emotional?!

(6 Posts)
LimesMum Sat 16-Jul-16 20:24:05

I'm 40+5 and have been very over emotional today - crying at any little thing and feeling generally down and fed up. Is this normal?? Anyone else??

YorkieDorkie Sat 16-Jul-16 20:26:30

Keep going!! I went 40+12 shock no one ever went much more than 42 weeks I don't think so it has to happen sometime wink. Have you had a sweep yet?

Acopyofacopy Sat 16-Jul-16 20:28:47

Yes, it's normal! I was a nervous wreck when I was overdue with dd. I had a lovely chat with my midwife who prescribed relaxation, placebo aromatherapy and a good chat with my bump. I gave dd and myself a huge pep talk: Come on, girl, we can do this together!
She eventually made an appearance.
Hang in there and try not to stress too much (much easier said than done, I know!).

OhThatThingAgain Sat 16-Jul-16 20:59:21

You have every right to feel crazy. Being very pregnant is horrid. Especially in summer heat.

DD1 was due on our first wedding anniversary, DH was cross because I didn't get him a present. I was not in a state to think about anniversary presents!

He's lucky he's still got his balls let alone a second child. I was deranged.

Being overdue is the pits, mine arrived at 40+12. My second was a section at 39 weeks. The difference was massive - those extra weeks are like minutes ticking away. Hang on in there, you will have this baby very, very soon, and you can join us who know what it's like not to have the baby on your due date, it's a special kind of crazy (most of us have been late I think?) flowers

LimesMum Sat 16-Jul-16 21:15:32

Thanks ladies!

DD1 was 40+6 but contractions started at 40+2 so this feels like it's going on and on

I literally want to kill DH all the time!!!

I've got a sweep booked on Monday....

tutulove Mon 18-Jul-16 07:24:23

Ah I remember your pain well. Both mine were overdue 40+7 (41 weeks) and 40+10 (or 41+3) I remember being a week overdue with my second and getting news that a friend of mine had given birth 3 days early and I was meant 10 days in front of her by due dates I was so jealous I lay on the floor and sobbed out of frustration and jealousy, then I couldn't get back up because of my big bump ha ha. Thankfully I was never induced on either of them and when my DS did arrive it was a ridiculously quick labour (an hour and a half and a few pushes) so let's hope your LO is holding out to make a quick appearance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now