Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Which classes should I do in pregnancy?

(9 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Fri 15-Jul-16 21:22:20

Just interested to know what classes / courses people recommend in pregnancy? I've heard pregnancy yoga, pregnancy aerobics, hypnobirthing classes and Daisy Birthing are all good.

DesignedForLife Fri 15-Jul-16 21:39:15

Swimming was really good in my first pregnancy, though I never did classes as couldn't find any at suitable times.

RuskBaby Sat 16-Jul-16 08:02:37

I took my first pregnancy yoga class last Tuesday and it was brilliant! definitely recommend. Hypnobirthing starts next Saturday so no advice on that yet.

PourTheWine Sat 16-Jul-16 08:06:51

Hypnobirthing took me from someone who was petrified of giving birth to someone who was excited when my waters broke - made the labour completely manageable and in my control. Highly recommend the wise hippo as a Hypnobirthing programme.

Nowthereistwo Sat 16-Jul-16 08:10:36

I did pregnancy yoga which was run by an nct lady so she through lots of good info in as well.

I was lucky and met a really nice group of women and we're still friends now 3 years later.

Tinklypoo Sat 16-Jul-16 08:12:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bobbycatz Sat 16-Jul-16 08:14:30

I've been doing pregnancy yoga, it's really relaxing and it's nice place to meet other mums to be. I would also recommend NCT if you want to meet other local people although the actual information you receive isn't anything I didn't know already so far iysyim (3 weeks in)

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 16-Jul-16 08:15:05

I didn't take proper "classes", but I did swim a lot during my first pregnancy. The feeling of bouyancy in the water really helped with my achy hips and back towards the end smile

MrsStavrum Mon 18-Jul-16 13:10:06

I am only 7 weeks but I am looking forward to starting pregnancy yoga at 12 weeks.

PourTheWine That is really interesting re hypno birthing. Does anyone else have any other feedback from it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now