Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Leave Entitlement

(3 Posts)
MotherDuck23 Thu 14-Jul-16 16:11:55

Sorry if I've not posted in the right place here... feel free to tell me where else I should be if not!

Last week I found out I was pregnant! A little miracle, after being told I don't ovulate and it was unlikely I would ever conceive naturally smile

However, I currently work for my local Council in a full time role. I have just transferred to another full time role on a 12 month contract within the Council. I became pregnant before the new contract started (although didn't know it at the time!) I have not yet told work as I'm only about 5/6 weeks gone and have my appointment with the midwife in 2 weeks time so wanted to wait until then, and I have a better idea of my due date etc. I am wondering whether anyone knows whether I will still be entitled to maternity pay as I have been in continuous employment with the same employer, just on a different contract.

Thanks for all your help!

Slave2thecat Thu 14-Jul-16 16:18:39

You should theoretically be entitled. Does your contract state when your continuous service is from?

KayTee87 Thu 14-Jul-16 18:55:18

As long as you have continuous employment you will be entitled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now