Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jacuzzi when pregnant

(8 Posts)
Emilyyyy Thu 14-Jul-16 08:17:55

I'm off to Rhodes for my 21st birthday Saturday (13 weeks pregnant), I have managed to get a free upgrade due to an argument with the food and beverage manager last year however the upgrade includes a private jacuzzi... does anyone know if this is safe for me to use? And if so, is there anyway I can make it safer? I.e getting out after 5/10 mins. Would only be using it of a late evening anyway.

Also any other tips or advice about holidays when pregnant would be much appreciated.

DoubleCarrick Thu 14-Jul-16 08:33:52

I'm pretty sure you can't use a jacuzzi as the consistent temperature raises your body temperature which is bad for baby

seasonticket Thu 14-Jul-16 10:16:45

I think it is just early pregnancy when it's a risk?
www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/expert-answers/pregnancy-and-hot-tubs/faq-20057844

museumum Thu 14-Jul-16 10:18:47

If it's private then hopefully you can control the temperature. Just turn it down to lower than body heat.

hownottofuckup Thu 14-Jul-16 10:20:12

I did, and a sauna. Just didn't stay in them too long.

Emilyyyy Thu 14-Jul-16 15:26:03

Spoke to my Dr she said that as long as water is clean and temperature isn't above 32 degrees I should be fine. Just about using common sense e.g don't go in it for hours, drink plenty of fluids, if you feel dizzy get out straight away.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Has anyone got any advice for holidaying in the heat when pregnant?

KayTee87 Thu 14-Jul-16 21:00:23

Just don't stay in it until you're far too hot, maybe keep your shoulders and arms out and have a glass of iced water next to you incase you feel too warm. Enjoy!

KayTee87 Thu 14-Jul-16 21:01:16

Re holiday your skin is more sensitive to the sun in pregnancy so wear a higher factor and just keep hydrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now