Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leg cramps

(7 Posts)
user1468244773 Thu 14-Jul-16 07:27:42

This is totally normal isn't it? Upon waking up in the morning I feel so stiff but I get cramps in my calf. And the find it hard to walk down the stairs, after a while it's okay. I'm 38 weeks pregnant. Worried about blood clots

MamaDuckling Thu 14-Jul-16 07:37:36

Very normal. Unless there's swelling/redness or you're having any kind of palpitation/breathing difficulty then you're just pregnant!!

user1468244773 Thu 14-Jul-16 07:43:23

My legs are swollen but due to water retention so it's hard to tell lol. X

daydream86 Thu 14-Jul-16 08:05:56

ugh I've started getting this too at 29 weeks, horrible symptom. wake up in the middle of the night with it. I assumed it was because of the weight of baby affected the circulation when I roll onto my back in my sleep?

dylsmimi Thu 14-Jul-16 08:12:55

I was about to post this almost exact thing!! I'm 30 weeks and getting cramp in my left leg waking me most mornings. Had it with last baby too I think it's the ligaments stretching.
I think vitamins, plenty of water, and leg stretches (toes pointed up and down and circling) before bed is meant to help - I'm going to try those
I keep waking dh shouting ow ow I'm not in labour ow ow!

Beansprout30 Thu 14-Jul-16 09:39:06

I've been getting it in my hips since quite early on, it's awful And have literally jumped out of bed in pain to try and stretch off in the middle of the night

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 14-Jul-16 09:48:33

Yes, I had that in the 3rd trimester of my last pregnancy - it was often worse at night and my dh discovered me several times hopping around the bedroom in agony at 3am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now