Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Staying posifrickentive- Thread 10 for ladies pg after mc

(1002 Posts)
LynseyH5 Wed 13-Jul-16 22:23:49

I've made the new thread, hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes... just wanted to make sure we had one.

Tinklypoo Wed 13-Jul-16 22:44:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mikesh909 Wed 13-Jul-16 23:12:12

Thanks Lynsey!

Congratulations to Whatser for today's scan. So pleased for you.

20 weeks tomorrow and our scan is on Friday. Think some good thoughts for me?

HopefulKate1980 Thu 14-Jul-16 06:50:46

Thanks Lynsey!!!!

Good luck mike let us know how you get on xx

DoubleCarrick Thu 14-Jul-16 06:55:48

New thread? Just marking my place - haven't been around in a while as it's emotionally been pretty hard lately.

It's lovely to hear there are some scans done/on the horizon. Good luck for Friday mike

Happygojo86 Thu 14-Jul-16 07:28:12

Hi all! Just marking my place. Still pregnant as far as I am aware. Really exhausted though and found out I 'might' have been exposed to slapped cheek so need to go to the GP for blood tests to check immunity as my mum can't remember if I have had it. Not sure what they can do if I am not immune though confused

I'm just so exhausted, I am solo parenting whilst OH is offshore and DD isn't sleeping well at all. I was up with her til 1:30am and then she was up at 4,5 and 6 and then up for the day at 7. So I have a cracking headache and I am in work this afternoon. Sorry to moan

Trulyamnearanear Thu 14-Jul-16 09:21:35

smile

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Thu 14-Jul-16 09:30:43

whatser great news! Not surprised you feel pretty emotional. Now have a lovely holiday xx

Thank you lynsey for starting us off.

carrick take care, hope you're ok flowers

Channelling positive Grow baby grow thoughts your way mike. I hope it's all good news.

Aargh happy that sounds like a rough night, very hard doing it yourself when you are below par. Slapped cheek would worry me too, I hope they do the bloods and get them back fast for you.

I think I have been reading too many WW2 spy/thriller novels, my nightmares which were mainly pregnancy/child related now feature the Gestapo as well shock

Beautiful sunny day out there today.

sundayraspberry Thu 14-Jul-16 10:23:22

Thanks for the new thread lynsey, I'm still around, 39+3 today and nothing to report.

Congratulations on the scan whatser! Are you feeling a little more relaxed now? And good luck tomorrow mike, you need some distraction today to keep scan-xiety at bay!

Butterfly the Gestapo pregnancy dreams sound ... interesting hmm I am struggling through my latest book but I'd like to finish it before baby arrives. It's good so far I just feel unable to concentrate on a book. Trashy magazines are my guilty pleasure atm smile

LynseyH5 Thu 14-Jul-16 11:05:45

Wow almost at the finishing line sunday! I'm quite enjoying trashy mags too!
So another question for you all... which side is everyone sleeping on?! I read a few times now that it's better to lie on our left sides, especially during pregnancy as it helps the blood flow to baby...but I can't fall asleep on my left and it makes me feel more sick. Is everyone just going for comfort? I seem to only be able to sleep on my right, never on my front and only slept on my back if I've been propped up due to heartburn or stuffy colds etc.
butterfly do you think a very low meditation music would send you into a more peaceful sleep? Only a thought and I've not personally tried it just thought it might clear your mind a bit before falling asleep.
I'm not having nightmares (yet) I seem to get them later on but definitely having vivid dreams, like a mouse running up my leg and being able to actually 'feel' it. Yuk!
I'm currently skiving off from housework so best get back to it before I literally can't do anymore!!

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Thu 14-Jul-16 11:22:13

I don't think the sleeping positions matter until much later on - I had an idea it was to do with the baby actually being a sizeable weight and compressing things a bit. Sleep however you can! I switch sides every ten minutes all night long and occasionally lie on my tummy - it's not comfortable anymore but I remember how much I missed it by late pregnancy last time so am having a few last sleeping face down times! Relaxation tracks could be an idea. I used the natal hypnotherapy CD when I was heavily pregnant before - guaranteed afternoon nap. No idea where that went, I seem to just have an empty box now.

Ooh so nearly there sunday! Where are you hoping to have your baby?

sundayraspberry Thu 14-Jul-16 11:56:28

I'm sleeping however I end up. I try to start on left hand side but usually I find my right is more comfortable. I often lie on my back too for a bit of variety, doesn't make me feel dizzy or anything but I do try to limit being flat. They recommend left side after about 20 wks to do with the growing uterus compressing the blood flow back to mother's heart but I think everyone is different in terms of anatomy and I'm sure the body will give you signs of what is right or wrong for you.

Hospital birth for me butterfly hopefully on the midwife lead side and hopefully a water birth but I'm pretty happy to go along with whatever needs to happen at the time. Just anxious in case it turns into a c section, probably the thought of it more than anything else. More worried about DH coping than anything else.

Macauley Thu 14-Jul-16 12:00:13

Place marking on the new thread. Still trying to cut Internet use due to scan-xiety (great word sunday).

Congrats whatser grin

Good luck tomorrow mike

sundayraspberry Thu 14-Jul-16 12:52:17

Stole the term from another thread so can't take credit!

keys27 Thu 14-Jul-16 18:44:25

Place making. Thanks for new thread not been in for a while had pre term labour 3 times now all long painful stays in hospital but it worked lost my mucus plug today though and baby Is so so low I can barely walk.
Lovely to see so many of you on your dating and growth scans now time flies
Oh no sunday I can't believe you've not had baby yet I bet your so uncomfortable. Have they booked you in for a sweep? Do you know if baby's head down? Really hope it's not to long for you now hun.
lynsey lovely to see you as well. How many weeks now hun?
Xxx

Northernlight22 Thu 14-Jul-16 20:32:43

Just marking my place!

LynseyH5 Thu 14-Jul-16 20:37:46

Thanks for the feedback on sleep positions! Didn't see the part about it not being a problem till later on, feel better now!
So so proud that I managed to blitz my whole house today and didn't just give in and sleep. House looks so much nicer and feels fresher than it has in far too long.

keys It's great to hear from you but sounds like you're really doing it tough, so glad baby has managed to stay in for this long, where are you at now? I can't even begin to imagine how fed up you are, little one will surely make up for it but that doesn't help right now does it? By my own dates, I'm 9+4 but the early scan I had put me 3 days in front so waiting for 12 wk scan on 2nd August to date for sure.
Please please keep us in touch as and when you can flowers xx

Naschkatze Thu 14-Jul-16 21:24:49

Place marking. Thanks for new thread Lynsey.

Good luck to everyone with
scan-xiety.

sundayraspberry Thu 14-Jul-16 22:15:44

keys how many weeks are you now? Far enough for little one to be OK ish if labour started again? Haven't lost any plug but baby is head down and been deeply engaged for about 2 weeks now so hope something will happen next week perhaps. Sweep booked for mid week, so I guess I'm heading for the overdue club.

mikesh909 Thu 14-Jul-16 23:07:17

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Had weird dreams last night that I was there, needed the loo but the nearest one was out of order. So I had to walk a really long way to another one, then back, and by the time I got back, it was too late, I couldn't get the scan confused. The yoga teacher sweetly informed me that these dreams are our unconscious minds trying to take care of anxieties so we don't have to worry about them consciously. Not sure what specific anxiety that represents! Nor yours, butterfly!

Whatsername17 Fri 15-Jul-16 07:54:59

Today is my due date for my lost baby. It's a strange feeling. Good luck to all being scanned today!

HopefulKate1980 Fri 15-Jul-16 08:09:37

Mine too whats. Well it was today or tomorrow. Strange feeling but glad we have hope growing inside us. Long may it last! Hope you have a lovely day of treats ahead xxx

mikesh909 Fri 15-Jul-16 09:19:09

flowers for whatser and kate. Hope today can be a peaceful day for both of you.

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Fri 15-Jul-16 11:12:24

mike thinking of you today, wishing you all the very best.

whatser and kate flowers Wishing you both gentle days. It's complicated isn't it.

keys well done you on hanging on so long. What are you now?

sunday I hope that baby decides to make an appearance soon and you get your waterbirth. In the meantime, go out! Appreciate the spontenaiety of grabbing phone, keys, wallet and sauntering out the door in 3 mins flat, it will be a little while before that happens again wink I particularly remember mine & DH's last midnight walk. I was just moving from early to established labour and trying to get it to hurry up and get on with things and we moved veeerrry slowly stopping at most lamposts whilst I clung on to DH breathing hard through the contractions. Ahhh, memories! And him reminding me that the midwife we'd seen a few hours earlier had said she strongly recommended some sex to progress things, and he kept saying how very willing he was. I gave him an incredulous death stare everytime.

karryk Fri 15-Jul-16 11:25:12

Hello ladies smile

Just marking my place too. I have my first scan on Monday afternoon. I should be 7 weeks along at that point. I've had a minor bit of on-and-off brown spotting so a bit of me is prepping myself for bad news but ultimately only time will tell. Feels like a horrible limbo blush

Wishing all a lovely weekend x

This thread is not accepting new messages.