Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

24 weeks and Baby feels low down

(8 Posts)
user1468427640 Wed 13-Jul-16 17:45:48

This is my first pregnancy and I feel like he's laid really low all the movements feel like there on my knicker line and it's causing a lot of pain. When I've said this to other people they've told me that's not possible. Has anyone else experienced this?

kiki22 Wed 13-Jul-16 18:00:52

Yeah I'm 33 weeks with my second baby and he had had his had in my pelvis from the start apart from a few weeks transverse then back. When you tell people low down they will be thinking you mean engaged but they can be low without actually engaging its totally possible.

My first baby he was a lot higher he stayed up close to my left boob even when he engaged his feet were still up there, I wasn't uncomfortable or sore until the last 6 weeks this time I've been a lot sorer I can feel little movements on my hip bones now its not pleasant at all, its just that his head is in my pelvis and shoulders between my hips it makes it feel weird.

user1468427640 Wed 13-Jul-16 18:21:58

Thank you for replying. Im glad I'm not the only one to feel movement low down.

kiki22 Wed 13-Jul-16 22:55:20

Ask your midwife to tell you where your baby is at the next app I'd bet your right on what you feel 😀

Dixiechick17 Thu 14-Jul-16 10:43:28

Yeah, my DD was head down from 21 weeks and didn't budge. I got a lot of jabs low down because of it. When they get bigger you'll get more movement further up too.

Pootles2010 Thu 14-Jul-16 10:45:26

Of course its possible - they start down that low, right inside your pelvis. Your baby obviously just finds it comfy down there.

user1468427640 Thu 14-Jul-16 12:38:39

I was at the doctors today and the baby is exactly were I thought. Thank you everyone for answering and not making me feel stupid smile

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 14-Jul-16 12:43:40

I'm 24 weeks with my second and he feels way lower down than my Dd ever did! I feel him kick all the time, and sometimes the kicks feel like they are right in my fanjo, kind of like if he kicks hard enough his foot will fall out confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now