Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Success Stories Of Having A Healthy Pregnancy After 2 Miscarriages?

(23 Posts)
MightyLightningMouse Wed 13-Jul-16 09:47:08

Hi everyone, currently TTC my first. I've had 2 miscarriages in 4 years - first time was at 6 weeks and second time was at 10 weeks (I had a D&C with the second) Saw strong heartbeats with both and obviously gutted.

Would love to know any success stories of having a healthy normal pregnancy after 2 miscarriages or more? What did the doctor do and was there anything you took as a precaution?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section
Thank you smile

Blackpoollassy Wed 13-Jul-16 11:57:26

Hello
I had a successful pg after 2 mcs. It's pretty awful in terms of stress. Found myself saying 'if' all the time and spent a long time coming to terms with the fact i had a healthy baby. Probably contributed to some mild pnd too.

My m/c dr told me to take low dose aspirin which i did. That's it really.
Did you have any testing done after your 2? We were lucky in that we were allowed the testing and nothing untoward was found (NHS tests only though) so that was somewhat reassuring.

Good luck and try not to stress, although i know that's hard flowers

MightyLightningMouse Wed 13-Jul-16 16:59:25

Hi thank you so much for replying! smile Really pleased to hear it all worked out for you.

I had read up about baby aspirin and will definitely try it with the go ahead from my doctor. They wont test until i've had at least three, but I want to try and do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen!! Did you take the aspirin all through the pregnancy and when did you start taking it?

Blackpoollassy Wed 13-Jul-16 19:03:20

Yes I took it all the way through and through this one too. I stopped a week or so before my section.
I started taking it as soon as I found out I was pg. Good luck with the doctors.

jar101 Wed 13-Jul-16 21:59:34

Hiya I had a baby girl 3 months ago after 2 miscarriages one at 11 weeks but the baby died at 6 weeks and one at around 5 weeks .I did nothing different this time around in myself I did have a different partner tho. was booked in at the re occurrennt MC clinic but by the time my app came around I was pregnant again !! so never did get any answers as to why . Ive just turned 22 and now have a beautiful baby girl snuggling on my lap so don't get despondent because it can happen x

KnitThroughTheBackLoop Wed 13-Jul-16 22:56:19

I had 2 miscarriages last year both discovered at the 12 week scan. I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and everything is going smoothly. I wasn't offered any investigation and I didn't do anything differently this time around. I'm 38 and dh is older so I'm assuming we lost both pregnancies due to chromosome abnormalities but I don't have any proof of that. This pregnancy was really difficult at the start, I sort of convinced myself that it wasn't happening which was slightly easier because I had hardly any morning sickness compared with my two successful and two unsuccessful pregnancies. I did treat myself to 2 private scans before the 12 week scan but its only really since I've started getting kicked in the ribs that I've really managed to keep a positive attitude. The misscariage association has some reasurring stats about women who go on to have healthy pregnancies after 2 losses which I found comforting - have you had a browse of their site?

Vap0 Wed 13-Jul-16 23:22:15

Hi Mighty
Best of luck on your ttc journey. I had 2 X mc and am currently 32 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby after 28 very long and dark months ttc. The fear of loss doesn't leave you for a long time, until I could feel movement I was on knicker watch all the time, my losses were 5 and 6 weeks. The dr's wouldn't do any investigation until I had 3, it was torturous that they can leave you in such a state with no help but unfortunately that's just the way it is on the NHS by the sounds of it. With my 2nd mc I tried baby aspirin after reading loads of stories on here but my gp basically blamed that for the mc which I think is a load of crap but I didn't take it with this pregnancy.
You'll get there in the end, hopefully it's 3rd time lucky for you.
Sorry for your losses
flowers

kilmuir Wed 13-Jul-16 23:25:41

I had 6 miscarriages before we had our first daughter. We went on to have 4 successful pregnancies

Limitedsimba123 Thu 14-Jul-16 16:16:31

I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant after 3 miscarriages at 6, 9 and 5 weeks. The first two occurred in 2014 but we decided to stop TTC for unrelated personal issues. We then started again in November 2015, I became pregnant straight away but miscarried at 5 weeks. I arranged an appointment with my GP to discuss fertility problems but then discovered I was pregnant before the appointment (no period in between). I haven't done anything differently this time so I can't help with that sorry. Sorry to hear about your losses and good luck x

MightyLightningMouse Thu 14-Jul-16 19:01:45

Thank you SO much for your replies ladies, sorry for your previous losses. flowers The answers have been really comforting, knowing a happy ending can be achieved!

moobeana Thu 14-Jul-16 20:39:11

It took us 2 years to conceive DD1. After that we had an 11 week miscarriage and 6 months later, a 5 week miscarriage / chemical pregnancy. Then fell pregnant again with DD2 who has just turned 1. It is possible, my friends have been trying for 6 year and had 2 miscarriages, they just had a successful 12 week scan and are so excited.

It can happen.

All the very very best.

greenlizard Thu 14-Jul-16 21:54:54

Hi. I had two MC (1 x MMC at 12 weeks June 13 and 1 x blighted ovum at 10 weeks in Nov 13). Pregnant again June 14 and gave birth to a beautiful and healthy boy March 2015. I am now 25 weeks pregnant with number 2.

I found the beginnings of both pregnancies quite stressful as had early bleeds with both but for whatever reason these seem to have stuck (touch wood). I took baby aspirin for both on advice from consultant (paid for private appointment at st Mary's Paddington recurrent miscarriage clinic).

I know how devasting MC is but please believe not all pregnancies end in loss. You would be surprised how common it is. Wishing you all the very best.

MightyLightningMouse Thu 14-Jul-16 22:34:00

Thank you moobeana (best of luck to your friend!) and greenlizard smile these stories are really helping and huge congrats on the second pregnancy greenlizard you must be absolutely delighted! I've heard so much about baby aspirin, that I think if I fall preg again I can at least ask for a blood test to diagnose for potential sticky blood - although I think I'll be gutted realising something could have been done with the precious MCs! with both my previous miscarriages I was told it was simply "bad luck" or "chromosomal". Made it harder hearing the heartbeats. sad

Again really sorry for your losses ladies and huge congratulations to those of you currently expecting flowers

RichardHead Thu 14-Jul-16 22:40:03

I know 5 friends/family members who had successful 3rd pregnancies after two miscarriages smile

Good luck smile

KayTee87 Fri 15-Jul-16 10:07:02

Sorry for your losses. My friend had a miscarriage then an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in the tube being removed. She now has two lovely kids smile

MightyLightningMouse Tue 30-Aug-16 15:09:34

Thank you richard and kayTee these stories make me feel a lot more hopeful for the future!

manhowdy Wed 31-Aug-16 08:50:46

Hi MLM,

I am 20 weeks pregnant after 3 concurrent mcs. One mmc picked up at 12 weeks scan, then a spontaneous loss at 8 weeks and another at 6 weeks.

I didn't do anything different or take anything to help. This one just stuck.

All the best flowers

user1471459822 Wed 31-Aug-16 10:53:42

I am 32 weeks today after 11 years and 5 mcs. Tbh we had stopped trying and I have never been worse shape ( old and fat ) shock good luck you just have to get a sticky one

Tollygunge Wed 31-Aug-16 11:01:59

I had a consecutive 4 losses and currently have a 12 day old baby. two late losses, two early losses. With this pregnancy I took clomid to conceive to give me a better quality egg, took aspirin up until 36 weeks, took cyclogest until 36 weeks and avoided sex/too much exercise throughout pregnancy. Was monitored constantly by amazing hospital. And here he is 😀 Very pleased I kept going as was tempting to give up, esp as nothing was ever found to be wrong just 'bad luck'

Tollygunge Wed 31-Aug-16 11:04:01

Oh and I also took high dose folic acid for the first 3 months

Excusemyfrench Thu 01-Sep-16 14:07:31

I had 4 mc (4 wks, 13 wks, 6wks and 5 wks) and ended up having 2 healthy pregnancies and beautiful babies. There never was an explanation, I just think my body was not ready to carry a baby yet.

Keep faith and I really hope everything works out ok for you XXXX

SharkBastard Thu 01-Sep-16 21:03:56

These are really positive stories to read. I had 2 miscarriages, one at 6w2d in September 2014 (2 weeks after my wedding) and one at 6w6d in September 2015 (literally a year to the day as my first one!). I'm no pregnant again and currently 6w4d and absolutely bricking it!

Feeling nauseous and my boobs are horrifically uncomfortable which didn't happen the last 2 times.

Fingers crossed for you

YourNewspaperIsShit Fri 02-Sep-16 01:03:20

Shark when i MC twice i didn't get the pregnancy symptoms but when I was sick and my boobs hurt I got my now 6months old DS so it's a good sign!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now