Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hind waters or wet myself?!

(1 Post)
fizzingmum Wed 13-Jul-16 08:02:57

Sorry if too much information. I'm 37+ 3 today. A couple of times during my pregnancy I've been unable to hold my bladder and had an accident. Both times were when I was laughing too hard and have only Made me laugh more. Last time was a good couple of months ago and I was fully aware it was urine. Yesterday I walked my dog on a 5k route. About ten minutes in I started to feel a small gush with every step. It didn't feel like wee. I stopped to use the toilet but didn't need it and carried on. By half way round the circuit I was soaking wet so I again went for a wee in some bushes. I had a wee normally and a smell of my Knicks. It was definitely not urine. By the time I got back to the car I was soaked to the point of it running down my leg. I had a scan booked at the hospital anyway to check if she was breach (she isn't grin). So I mentioned it and was passed to the maternity day unit. By this time the gushing had stopped. They were pretty convinced it was my waters gone as was I. However a swab test from my vagina had no sign of amniotic fluid. I was sent home to see what happens. Had mild low contractions last night for a few hours and then everything has stopped. I feel a bit confused as it was definitely not a wee, but not amniotic either. My wee has been very strong lately and a dark yellow colour. This was very pale. Can the swab be wrong? What else could it be? On the plus side she seems to have dropped (midwife said 3/5 engaged) and as a result my excruciating sciatica has eased almost completely. She must have moved off the nerve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now