Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pre eclampsia - is it or isn't it?

(8 Posts)
wherehattherewas Tue 12-Jul-16 14:56:25

I'm 34w 3 days. Woke up at 2am last night with a terrible headache and feeling nauseous. Have not had one headache throughout entire pregnancy until then. Wondered around for a bit then fell back asleep.

Woke up this morning, headache was gone, but my hands were mildly swollen. Not so I could leave an indent, but enough to not be able to get my wedding ring off and for me to feel like I was looking at someone else's hands. This has not happened to me before either. Face not swollen, legs not swollen.

Feeling off all day, but not ill. Bought a blood pressure monitor. My usual blood pressure is very low (90/60.) Today it has been 110/70 all day. Still very low!

Is it worth contacting GP?

wherehattherewas Tue 12-Jul-16 15:00:27

Just to add, my hands are no longer swollen either!

Nogravyforyou Tue 12-Jul-16 15:02:32

I think there's no harm in going to see GP just in case.

SweepTheHalls Tue 12-Jul-16 15:02:51

With all things pregnancy related, if in any doubt, ring your midwife. Hope it's nothing.

apatheticfallacy Tue 12-Jul-16 15:03:02

Can you call your midwife and see if they can recheck your BP and dip your wee?

Showgirl109 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:21:36

I had this, get your bp re checked and your urine dipped. Your bp isn't high enough to be dangerous to either you or the baby. But due to swelling I have been checking my bp daily (ask around you will be amazed at who might have a monitor you can borrow! My mil gave me hers.)

Roomba Tue 12-Jul-16 19:03:47

Go and get your urine checked and BP rechecked asap. Pre eclampsia can come on very suddenly, so it really is best to get properly checked over.

Nogravyforyou Fri 15-Jul-16 11:02:24

Hope all was ok OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now